Logging in with Google on mobile app

Dan305
Level 1
Melrose, MA

Logging in with Google on mobile app

I cannot log in with Google on mobile app (iphone 7).   I hit "more options" on the log in page and when the Google option comes up I click on that.  I then get the box that says "airbnb wants to use google.com to sign in" and allows you to hit cancel or continue.  When I hit continue it just kicks me back to the original log in screen.  When I hit th log in button in the corner it tells me to use google.  I've rebooted and resinstalled the app but to no avail.  I can log in through the browser but I guess there's no point in having the app.  It's amazing to me that an organization that relies on travel would have such a squirrelly mobile app.  Anyone have a solution to this?  Thanks

28 Replies 28
Rafaela73
Level 1
Brasília, Brazil

same problem

Nicholas325
Level 1
Vancouver, WA

Hello all,

Here's what I found works:

Hit "Log in"

Hit "Forgot Password"

Submit forgotten password request

I was then dumped into the app, not logged in.

I was then able to log in from the profile button in the owner right hand corner (using my Google account).

@Nicholas325 

Glad to see you have a positive outcome, however it hasn't worked for others.

Are all your other access roads working?

Dragana41
Level 1
Čenej, Serbia

Dobijem upit na Mobilni, ne mogu da we ulogujem na mobilnom na Airbnb , kad odem na racunar nema poruka..Kako da potvrdim rezervaciju za goste IZ Line 6-8 July 2019?! Zasto upit ne stize na meil?!

Plavisalas2012@gmail.com, Dragana Vasic 

Ps.I nije mi uplaceno za goste IZ Rusije..

it's like everything else

were just the fringe

they don't need  complainers

they have the second largest market capitalization in the world

Abimbola2
Level 2
Manor, TX

I finally got in after over an hour. Here's what I did:

1. Updated my phone

2. Turned off wi-fi and used 4g

2.5. Cleared the Airbnb cache and data in my phone's application settings

3. Uninstalled Airbnb

3.5 Went to Airbnb on my desktop and logged out of all devices (Account > Login and Security >  Under Device History, click Log out Device)

4. Rebooted my phone (Note 9)

5. Reinstalled Airbnb

6. Instead of clicking log in through Google or entering credentials again, I clicked "Log In", then Forgot Password

7. I was then sent a link, which I accessed via mobile

8. Opted to open via the Airbnb app

9. Entered the "new password" (same as old one) twice
10. Clicked save, and was then prompted to verify my device

11. I selected to verify via text

12. Entered the 10 digit code

Then was finally logged in! 

I hope this can help someone. I also followed the advice of everyone above to no avail. 

Azza5
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

I clicked on "log in using emailed link", used my gmail, and that worked for me.

I cannot log in with the app on my iPhone X.  

It’s already been more than a year since this problem was reported but up to now there’s no resolution.  Still encountered the same problem.

Michael3622
Level 1
Winter Park, FL

I’ve got the same problem. 

Christina835
Level 1
Louisville, TN

Hi all, I was having this problem as well, but found a fix! If you go to “Use Another Account,” select “Email” and use the Google email address you have linked to Airbnb you should be able to log in and it will connect you to your Google account. If you already had the Google account linked it should automatically bring up your password for Airbnb if you’ve saved it previously. Hope this helps! 

Julian392
Level 1
Blairgowrie, Australia

Same for me. 

Mary3670
Level 1
Boulder Creek, CA

I had to create a new password instead of signing in with Google. 

Why I can`t log with Airbnb, login box dose`t   shoe. thank`s