Logging in with Google on mobile app

Dan305
Level 1
Melrose, MA

Logging in with Google on mobile app

I cannot log in with Google on mobile app (iphone 7).   I hit "more options" on the log in page and when the Google option comes up I click on that.  I then get the box that says "airbnb wants to use google.com to sign in" and allows you to hit cancel or continue.  When I hit continue it just kicks me back to the original log in screen.  When I hit th log in button in the corner it tells me to use google.  I've rebooted and resinstalled the app but to no avail.  I can log in through the browser but I guess there's no point in having the app.  It's amazing to me that an organization that relies on travel would have such a squirrelly mobile app.  Anyone have a solution to this?  Thanks

28 Replies 28
Pavel44
Level 2
New York, United States

same problem. any news?

found this on another thread:

Actually just figured it out...press "more options" and google will pop up

What a retarded way to hide it.

Michelle98
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I was able to get back in by hitting "forgot password" on the login page. It took me through a whole verification process so I think I set up a new Airbnb-specific account and it's not connected through Google anymore. Which is fine with me. I was able to get back into my account on the app.

Andy366
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Same issue, is there a way to escalate this to Airbnb engineers?  It's a pretty big authentication problem. 

Nicolas643
Level 1
Caen, France

Same for me... I can't log in... (Android)

René104
Level 1
Görlitz, Germany

Try this: Go to "Log in" in the right Corner. Log in with with your Gmail Adress and your Google Password.

This is exactly what you should not do, never type your account credentials to a third party

Unfortunately, that did not work as well.
Alex1621
Level 1
Cambridge, United Kingdom

I have same problem on Andoid Pixel. Any one know how to make it work

Simon663
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Same issue. What a load of rubbish

Erin415
Level 2
Thornton, NH

I cannot log in with the mobil app for Android either (Pixel 3). I tried "Forgot password" and put my email in, but nothing happened. Also, when I went to log in, I put in invalid credentials. The app knew they were wrong and told me so, but when I put the correct ones in, nothing happenes. This is incredibly frustrating. 

Monique492
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Hi there,

I cannot login too. Can someone from AirBnB explain if they are resolving this issue? I can login to the app on my old apple iPhone, however cannot on my new google pixel 3. Have tried ''forget password", re dowloaded the app and nothing has worked. Please help 

Robert1621
Level 1
Lewisburg, WV

I can't log in on one android (Samsung) device but have no problem on a desktop or laptop or a different android (Samsung).  I put in my email address and password and touch the right-arrow and nothing happens.  I've tried some of the various "solutions" but they haven't worked.  Googling this, the problem has been going on for years.

WHY IS AIRBNB NOT ADDRESSING THIS!  Hello AIRBNB, do you ever read anything on this site?  Why don't your IT people comment?  You're so good with many other things, but this is your Achilles heel.