Login issue and then all bookings cancelled

Mirco-And-Jasmin0
Level 3
Revelstoke, Canada

Login issue and then all bookings cancelled

Hello,

I had the most annoying and disturbing thing happen to me today!

I am a superhost and I could not log-in to my account today.  When I wanted to log in, the website asked me to provide my phone number for a confirmation code. After I received the code and typed it in, the website then continued to create a new account for me, instead of logging me into my existing account. I phoned airbnb support and one team member was able to restore my account after one hour. So now I could log in again, but soon after discovered that all my future bookings were CANCELLED and my guests received a cancellation notification from airbnb. 

I had to contact all of my guests to ensure them, that I did not cancel and to be patient until we resolve the issue. My guest that was supposed to come the next day got scared and booked a different place. Now I am out 4 days of money (I hope I will still get paid by airbnb).

I was advised by a support team member to edit my listing an reactivate it, which I did. Then I was supposed to tell my guests to rebook their dates. However after reactivating my listing the cancelled bookings still showed up in my calendar, which means that the guests cannot rebook as the dates are blocked on my calendar.

No one is getting back to me from support to advise me what to do next. My guests are all scared and ask if they should book a different place. I can understand them, because how does this look? It looks like a scam.

I was on the phone for hours with different support people today and the problem could not be solved so far. Did this happen to anyone else and did anyone find a solution? I am lost and have no idea what to do!

33 Replies 33
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

"We have the same problem . 2 hours ago. Airbnb said it is glitch . Guests called them and they said to him as well it is a glitch. Bnb rep also told me that it is worldwide and they are having problems with hosts and guests profiles removed as well and mass cancellations because of system problems."

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Did they find a solution for you? Are your future reservations cancelled as well?

@Mirco-And-Jasmin0 

DM from Twitter: "Hi Ricardo, thank you for reaching out and alerting us of this. We'd like to take a closer look into this to further assist. Please share with us the email address associated with your Airbnb account so that we may follow up accordingly. We'll await your response."

Meu Perfil.

@Mirco-And-Jasmin0 

All future reservations cancelled.

Meu Perfil.

Good to hear that I am not the only person this happened to. But I am worried that all my guests will book a different place and I will loose all my reservations. Airbnb did not notify them of the issue, it looked to them as if I cancelled their reservation 😞 

Kurt-And-Summyr0
Level 2
Washington, United States

All of our reservations have been cancelled today too for 2 listings!  Guests got notified  hours earlier and Im just now getting alerted from upset guests.  Reaching out of all of our guests on 2 listings.  Wedding parties freaking out as am I!  Airbnb is being completely passive and non chalant about it.  "oh yeah, its a glitch" we will get back to you soon.  Many guests have already re-booked.  One was coming tomorrow and more than week.  Im beyond pissed the way this is being handled.  One rep said she was getting off shift so she will have someone else handle it.  WTF?  Host since 2012.  Super upsetting.  Glad Im not the only one.  

I am so upset too. I also only found out about the cancellations because a guest contacted me. My guest for tomorrow rebooked as well as he was freaking out.

It was very hard to find a phone number to reach anyone at Airbnb, as I was not able to log into my account at first.

I am so not impressed with the customer service. They don't handle this very well at all. And I am super annoyed that they do not contact the guests to say that this is a glitch and apologize, instead they leave it to the hosts to contact upset and worried guests. To the guests it looks like it is a scam on my side.

Carlos-Alberto25
Level 1
Recife, Brazil

Hello,

The same thing happened with me. Yesterday, I received with very surprise a lot of e-mails informing that all of my reservations (as host and as guest) were cancelled. Besides, I even could'nt find my account in the plataform. When I finally did it, all my data were gone. Years of history lost. All the comments erased, and so were my ads.

I am really sad and worried because Airbnb were not helpful to answer my messages and until now I don't know what to do.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mirco-And-Jasmin0@Carlos-Alberto25@Kurt-And-Summyr0@Ricardo85 , 

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community Center, I'm sorry to hear you experienced this and I just wanted to provide you with an update. 

As some of you have mentioned, there was a technical bug that impacted a small number of hosts and guests (on November 11, 2020). The bug has been resolved and accounts have been restored, but we know that some hosts might have had cancelled bookings as a result.

Our community support team has been working with impacted hosts and guests to make it right and is standing by to help those that are still having issues. 

So you may have heard from our support team already or will do soon. If you have any concerns in the meantime, please do contact them directly and as I say they will be able to help you with this. 

I really hope you get sorted soon and do keep me posted. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie - Thank you for letting us know what happened. It's a small consolation to know it's not just my account that was impacted, but goodness this is a nightmare. I've lost thousands of dollars in reservations and my dates are still blocked so I can't even encourage those guests to rebook with me. One guest told me he already made another reservation with a different listing. I've messaged and phoned into support countless times in the past 12 hours, and have gotten nowhere. This is beyond frustrating and disappointing...

--

For anyone interested, there have been news articles released about this issue:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54923295

https://news.yahoo.com/airbnb-glitch-cancels-trips-deactivating-174705552.html 

@Lizzie - Do you have any ideas on how to get these canceled dates unblocked on our calendar? Customer support has been unhelpful thus far.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alece0,

Thanks so much for your reply and once again I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. 

I'm going to flag your message to a colleague of mine and try and find out a little more. 

I'll update you as soon as I know more. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you very much, @Lizzie. I am so appreciative of your help!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alece0,

Me again. I've just sent you a Direct Message here in the Community Center. 

Do let me know how you get on. 

Speak to you soon.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------