Long-Term Guest Cancelling

Long-Term Guest Cancelling

I have a Long-Term Guest that has been here since October.  This guest was to be here until the end of March.  She was able to find an apartment she likes and wants to move the end of this month.  Since I am not all that familiar with  the Cancellation Policy for this situation, I began searching and below is what I found.

The long-term cancellation policy, where it states the following:

"If the guest books a reservation and decides to cancel the reservation during their stay, the guest must use the online alteration tool in order to agree to a new checkout date. Regardless of the checkout date chosen, the guest is required to pay the host for the 30 days following the cancellation date, or up to the end date of the guest’s original reservation if the remaining portion of the original reservation is less than 30 days."

Does anyone know if this is still the  cancellation policy?

I am happy she has found an apartment that she likes, but I am not happy to have this reservation cancelled early.  But maybe someone else will book quickly once she changes her reservation date.  

Thank you.

Priscilla

6 Replies 6
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Priscilla150 that is the cancellation policy for long term, so no matter how long the reservation is for, it is always possible to shorten and leave early.

The important thing is to do the alteration/cancellation on the site so that the unused days are freed up, giving you a chance to rebook.

Thank you very much.  

My guest told me they spoke with Airbnb, but I have not received anything from them yet.

I think my guest is waiting to ensure she actually got the apartment prior to moving forward with the cancellation.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Priscilla150,

Do not make the alteration yourself.  Doing so will penalize you with blocking the remaining days of the reservation.  The proper process is for the guest to submit a booking alteration, and then you approve the request.

Thank you for that insight.  I will do nothing until I get the booking alteration.  This is good to know.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The guest needs to cancel the booking and then you will get 30 days from the date she cancels. Do not accept an alteration. 

Cristina860
Level 4
Orcutt, CA

Have you had payout on the Long Term Cancellation policy? How long after the guest checked out did you receive the 30-day final payment? Did you have to reach out to Airbnb support for payment in full, or was it an automatic deposit?