Long Term Reservation

Answered!
Fiorienne0
Level 1
Utrecht, Netherlands

Long Term Reservation

Hi! I going to rent an appartment for a long period. I received the confirmation and I have to pay in 24hours. I want to check is this all safe?

In order to validate your booking you have to pay the total amount of  ( € 1230 ) by international bank transfer to the following Airbnb agent:

[Personal information hidden as per the community guidelines] 

1 Best Answer

@Fiorienne0

This looks like a SCAM ..do not go ahead with this

There is no such thing as an Airbnb Agent 

These scams for long term rentals are common.They use the Airbnb name but have NOTHING to do with Airbnb

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9

@Fiorienne0

This looks like a SCAM ..do not go ahead with this

There is no such thing as an Airbnb Agent 

These scams for long term rentals are common.They use the Airbnb name but have NOTHING to do with Airbnb

Thank you so much for your answer Mike! I thought immediatly this is weird. They use a free chat support Tawk to, so that's weird too.

But the confirmation email from AirBnB looks really real! ...It was too good to be true unfortunately.

@Fiorienne0

I would speak to the Police and at least report the details to them ..let them decide what they want to do about it all.  They should at least be given all the information that you have. We have had 3 of these from different countries come through here in the last week.

Hi Mike, I will do that! Thank you for your help.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Fiorienne0

"Robert Gabriel Dinut" sound like a real Irish name to me! NOT

Hi, I have found this place for a 2 months rental on local ad site in Dubai, the individual saying is the owner of the property contacted me and sent me a link informing me that is the platform for a long term airbnb rental,  the site looked very legit, and I shared my credit card information. Then sheinformed me that the transaction should be manual, they sent me another link that went to Talk to chat, where they processed again my credit card but my bank stopped the payment as they suspected fraud. I asked this individual (owner of the property) to send me her passport copy and the most recent water and electricity bill, and she did, it looks all legit, I am confused on what to do?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It is clearly a scam. @Maral5 

Report them to the site you saw it was advertised on and to Airbnb.

You are very fortunate your bank flagged it as fraudulent or you could have lost your money.

As Airbnb says on its website you can only book and pay through their website, never make direct payment to a host outside of their platform.

Jonathan1145
Level 1
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

I just experienced this in Abu Dhabi - a fraudulent AirBnB site. I wish I had seen this thread before. Argh