Long staying guest

Answered!
Samantha188
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Long staying guest

Good Morning All

Everyone was so helpful with my last question so here is another one.

Apologies if this is written somewhere and i am yet to come across it.

I have a guest staying for 3 months.  Does the guest pay AirB&B upfront for the 3 months?  Then AirB&B pay me monthly, correct? 

Reason i am asking is that i dont want to end up in a position where a guest pays for 1 month upfront and then does not pay AirB&B for the next 2 and never leaves.

I am new to AirB&B and i must say thus far I am so impressed by the app, service and the friendliness of hosts answering everyone's questions :-).

Thanks

Samantha

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Samantha188,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I found a useful post about the long-term cancellation policy—I thought you'd be interested in this. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Samantha188

With long term bookings, only the first month is paid up front and then in instalments at the beginning of each month, so what you fear can indeed happen.  And does happen judging by the posts on this forum.

You should also make sure you are familiar with the long term cancellation policy.  

You need to check your local ordinances regarding evictions.  States and counties have different policies that make eviction difficult when a rental exceeds a certain time period.

Regarding a guest who refuses to leave, you should get an electronic deadbold.  Kwickset makes a smart lock (Kwikset 909) with 8 different lock codes.  Provide a code that is the same as the traveler's last 4 digits of their phone number. If they fail to pay, you simply delete their code while they are out ... eviction laws permitting.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Samantha188,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I found a useful post about the long-term cancellation policy—I thought you'd be interested in this. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hi @Samantha188   In addition to being familiar with the long term payout and cancellation policy on the Air BNB platform, are there landlord/tenant regulations that apply in your area for your listing?  I gather you are a co-host since I cannot see the listing.  It is helpful for you to post a link to the listing so participants in the host forum can look at it to be more helpful.