Long-term rent in Porto

Liubov18
Level 1
Rostov-on-Don, Russia

Long-term rent in Porto

We looking for an apartment in Porto for several months rent (at different platforms)
and during couple of days we faced twice this kind of rental process which was offered by landlord
we never faced it before? is it common case or is it a scam?

I don't have time to meet all potential tenants, so I choose Airbnb. Initially, I only use the Airbnb service to find a tenant.
To visit and rent the condo, I will be using Airbnb, Inc., which provides an online platform that connects hosts who have rentals with guests who want to rent those rentals.
The Airbnb company asks for a confirmation of the first 2 months + a deposit of €610; This is required at the beginning of the rental and will be returned at the end of the rental (30 days notice is required). After these first 2 months, you transfer the monthly rent directly to my personal bank account.
You must book the first 2 months on their website and once your booking is confirmed an Airbnb representative will contact you for a preview and you can move in immediately.
You must first make an appointment and one of your representatives will contact you to schedule the meeting. The meeting takes place in the apartment and he gives you the keys and we sign a contract for as long as you want (we have a fixed lease agreement under Portuguese law between us, minimum 2 months up to 10 years).
I would like to know how many people you would like to share the apartment with and for how long.
Any other details about you will be appreciated. I would like to rent the apartment to someone who will take care of it as if it were their own.
I've invested a lot in this apartment and I'm sure you'll love it.

So I guess that's it for now, I hope I haven't forgotten anything.
Thank's for your time!

1 Reply 1
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Liubov18

There's more information here on how long-term stays work on Airbnb: 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/245

I hope this helps, but do let us know what happened with this potential stay in the end - I hope you found a suitable place!

Thanks, 

Emilie 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines