Long term rental

Answered!

Long term rental

Hello everyone. We are new to Airbnb and after some advice please.

we are wanting to rent long term.

we found a house on a local site marketplace, enquired and was told they rent it out via Airbnb, we had to pay deposit to Airbnb to secure it, we can then view it if all ok go ahead, if not deposit returned, we had 3 days to decide. If all ok we would get a tenancy agreement 
then pay monthly from then on.

he sent us a link for the deposit payment, it looks genuine Airbnb invoice.

I have tried to find the property on actual Airbnb site but can’t so asked him why not? I am awaiting a reply.

any thoughts kind people?

thanks

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Keri111 100% certain its a scam. Airbnb don't operate this way - You have dodged a scam - well done

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Keri111 100% certain its a scam. Airbnb don't operate this way - You have dodged a scam - well done

Hi thank you so much for replying and putting our minds at rest. It sounded like a scam but not knowing much about Airbnb I wanted to check. 
he advertises various properties on marketplace and then goes on to tell you he is a super host etc etc.

si yes well dodged.

Thanks again 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

Thank you so much I had huge reservations about it hence my questions so thank you for replying x

We are living in toronto. 

1.Do we need to register with city of toronto to do long term rental through airbnb?

2. Is Long term rental also allowed only in the primary residence?