Long term reservation refund (booked 129 days, staying for 118 days)

Answered!
Hugo250
Level 1
Hong Kong

Long term reservation refund (booked 129 days, staying for 118 days)

I am an exchange student currently renting a room in Montreal, the original period of stay started from the 24/8 till the 31/12. At the time I was booking the room with the owner back in June, I didn't know when I will be leaving Montreal, soi just rent till the end of the year. But now I have confirmed that I will be leaving earlier, on the 20/12. Today is the 24/10 and if I change the reservation period now, can I request a refund for the unused 11 days after 20/12? 

1 Best Answer

According to the long-term stay policy of Airbnb, your stay would fall under this situation, where:

If they have more than 30 nights left in their reservation, only the next 30 nights are non-refundable.

Since, you'll be leaving on December 20, and it's only October 24th, there's still more than 30nights in between.  Assuming you would change the reservation plan as early as now, you should get a refund for the cancelled nights.

Best option is to talk to your host as early as now, so they can also have their Airbnb calendar cleared and have a higher chance of getting it booked by other guests.  Dawdling would likely give your host less time to have the cancelled nights book and getting that refund might be more difficult.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1

According to the long-term stay policy of Airbnb, your stay would fall under this situation, where:

If they have more than 30 nights left in their reservation, only the next 30 nights are non-refundable.

Since, you'll be leaving on December 20, and it's only October 24th, there's still more than 30nights in between.  Assuming you would change the reservation plan as early as now, you should get a refund for the cancelled nights.

Best option is to talk to your host as early as now, so they can also have their Airbnb calendar cleared and have a higher chance of getting it booked by other guests.  Dawdling would likely give your host less time to have the cancelled nights book and getting that refund might be more difficult.