Long term reservation

Judi804
Level 2
Oakridge, OR

Long term reservation

I agreed to host a 3.5 month guest. I'm uncomfortable because she hasn't arrived yet ( check in was Nov 14th), but a couple of her guests have. Originally she said she would be coming this week, now she says it won't be until next week. I asked for the names of her guests and she provided them. She hasn't responded to my request yesterday for their contact information. Prior to her checking in I advised her I did not allow subletting and she agreed not to as well as if my calendar was open she would go through the Airbnb platform if she wished to extend her stay. Should I be worried? Any suggestions on how u should handle this situation would be much appreciated.

4 Replies 4
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Judi804  I'm a little unclear on what your actual question is. I will say it is so very important to have clearly stated house rules, and be prepared to enforce them. It sounds as if you told this guest 'no other guests', yet they arrived anyway (without her to boot), and you've simply asked for their contact info. If you told her 'no other guests', then why have you allowed them to stay? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

What do you mean "her guests"? Anyone who stays in your home is your  guest, not the guest's guest.

Did the woman who booked this include the other people on the reservation and pay for them? If not, what are the doing staying in your home? 

The person who makes the booking is supposed to be one of the people staying, otherwise it is a 3rd party booking, which isn't supported by Airbnb.

My advice is to get these people out of your house- cancel the booking.  Contact Airbnb to cancel the rest of this reservation without any penalties to you if you can't find out what's going on with this booking and get contact info for the people who are there. And 3.5 months?  You realize that establishes tenancy and it could be a serious hassle to try to evict her or whoever is staying there?

@Judi804

Judi804
Level 2
Oakridge, OR

She booked it for herself and 4 friends, then she included 1 more. Will airbnb support me cancelling? I had a bad experience with my last guest. This doesn't sound like an extenuating circumstances however since the person who,made the reservation hasn't checked in yet can I cancel based on a no show?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can ask Airbnb to cancel based on it being a third party booking.

what did she say was the purpose of her stay? 

presuming guest comply with any local Covid regulations?