Long-term reservations

Jakub---Boris0
Level 10
Prague, Czechia

Long-term reservations

For long-term reservations, travelers pay in 1-month increments. They pay the first increment (the first month) at the time of booking. When does Airbnb receive the other ones? How many days before the beginning of the month exactly? I know myself when I receive the payment, but I would like to know what security period Airbnb has for the payments, it's useful to know it in case of payment problems. This is a fundamental part of any rental agreement... For example, in our country (in the Czech Republic) a classic rental contract stipulates that the tenant must pay 3 weeks before the beginning of the month.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jakub---Boris0 

Some questions are already answerred in your first post:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Long-term-bookings-payment-problem-and-deposit/td-p/1461476

We as hosts do not know when Airbnb is charging the guest for subsequent payments (only a guest can tell you....so let's wait for the answer of a guest here). IMO it also depends on the payment method used by the guest.

Please note installments are 30 days installments from start of reservation, not specifically "1th of the month payments", as used in normal renting contracts...

If Airbnb can not charge a payment, my experience is they informed me very close or even on the day of payment about it.

1) It is to simplify that I speak about the first day of the month... With a normal rental contract, I have 3 weeks to react, if the tenant does not pay, because he has to pay 3 weeks in advance. You write that with Airbnb, you are informed on the "day of payment", that is, to be clear, you are informed of a payment problem 0 days in advance, because you only receive the payment from Airbnb in advance.

2) Why is this information not known to guests - and why do you have to ask a guest to get an answer?