Long term stay cancellation: service fees?

Answered!
Aditya37
Level 2
New York, NY

Long term stay cancellation: service fees?

I'm about to book a long-term stay. I might need to cancel it within 48 hours. The host has graciously agreed to refund if I cancel.

For most reservation types, AirBnB explains that the service fees are refundible up to 3x per year. But for the long-term stay type, that clause is suspiciously missing: https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#long-term

Does anyone know whether AirBnB refunds the service fee for long-term stays?

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Aditya37 

For what i know, the "long term stay cancellation policy" does not have a 48 hours "grace period", so Airbnb Guest Service fees are never refunded. However, the Airbnb fee is significant lower then for short stays.(appr. 11% compared to appr. 17%)

Best regards,

Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Aditya37 

For what i know, the "long term stay cancellation policy" does not have a 48 hours "grace period", so Airbnb Guest Service fees are never refunded. However, the Airbnb fee is significant lower then for short stays.(appr. 11% compared to appr. 17%)

Best regards,

Emiel

Aditya37
Level 2
New York, NY

I asked support. After a bit of painful back and forth, they confirmed that the service fees are not refundable for long-term reservation cancellations.

Even if you cancel within 48hrs? Did you find out if the rest is fully refunded as long as you cancel 30 days before the stay?

Can someone help me? I have a listing under a minimum stay of 28 nights but my listing is under a moderate cancellation and when I go to change it, my booking settings does not who Long Term Cancellation as an option. It only shows me flexible, moderate and strict.  Any help is really appreciated!

Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

@Nixon7 Long term cancellation is not an option you choose. No matter what cancelation policy you pick, if the guest is staying long term the policy automatically changes. It is not up to you.