Looking for a basement with window

Sara5853
Level 2
Austin, TX

Looking for a basement with window

Hi y'all,

I'm looking for a basement that has window(s) for my short film. It doesn't matter if it's unfinished or looks messy. We would need it for a day at the end of October of early November.

Please let me know if you know any airbnb houses that has a basement in Austin or surrounding areas.

Thanks y'all, stay safe!

3 Replies 3

@Sara5853  There's probably a small minority of hosts who would be amenable to their home being used for a film shoot, but Airbnb doesn't offer the services through the platform (such as a real deposit) that would make this worthwhile.

Maybe check out the website Peerspace, which specializes in event rentals. They have a special category for filming locations. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Sara5853 I build houses, rent houses, shop for houses and have lived in Austin for 25+ years... a house with a window-well basement would truly be a needle in a haystack. Houses here are either sitting directly on top of rock or hanging off a cliff. Digging in this rock for a true basement would be a real anomaly. I think you're going to need to fake that window. Good luck. 

@Sara5853  building on @Kelly149 's suggestion, here is one of the coolest low-budget special effects I've seen lately involving fake windows:  https://www.moviemaker.com/how-they-did-it-joanna-hogg-the-souvenir/