Looking for ways to promote my vacation condo

Looking for ways to promote my vacation condo

I have a condo in Pigeon Forge, TN. I currently don't have a rating so not too many are looking at it. I have posted ads on Craigslist. I'm not getting many looks or interests. How can I get more interest?

18 Replies 18
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Glenn231  I don't see any listing on your Airbnb profile.

Airbnb # 41180828

@Glenn231 Can you post the actual link?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Glenn231  The ad looks fine (but you may want to replace the photo with the Christmas tree, as it's not that season now). I'm a little confused, though. Do you work for Evolve, or are you the actual owner? 

Hosts from all over have been reporting a drop in bookings lately. That may be due to increased competition, high Airbnb fees that are driving guests to just book hotels instead, or a lot of bad press lately about "party houses" and scam listings. 

I'm no marketing whiz, myself, all I can suggest is that you try to get as much exposure on as many sites and other venues as possible. Free sites like Craigslist are fine, but you might need to spend some $ doing some other type of advertising. VRBO seems like a good one for you, if you aren't listed with them already.

I am the owner. I have it posted on 3 other booking sites. Was just wondering if there are other places better than craigslist or facebook, which are the only places I am promoting it other than the booking sites.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Glenn231  The link you posted doesn't appear to be your listing? If it is, you have close to 3000 reviews from other properties, lol. Seems you should be able to draw on your own proven strategies then?

No, I have zero reviews. I'm the owner of this one property.

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

I've heard that making postings on Twitter or Instagram helps as well.

Constantly editing your listing will also cause your listing to get further up the list on Airbnb.

I would check out the competition in your area with amenities similar to yours to get a feel for the rates for your listing. Maybe it's too expensive or there are too many fees like cancellations charges, security deposits, etc.

Could anyone tell me how to post ads on Instagram? I have an account only because my nephew put it on my phone. I follow about 12 people and that's about how many follow me. It was all by accident as far as I know.

I have over 1,000 followers in Twitter almost all because they are interested in my rental area.

@Maia29 wrote:

I've heard that making postings on Twitter or Instagram helps as well.

Constantly editing your listing will also cause your listing to get further up the list on Airbnb.

How do I go about posting on instagram so that I would get looks at my condo?

Stacey147
Level 9
Surprise, AZ

Since they are acting as property manager over your property, have you reached out to Evolve to find out if they are getting inquiries or requests to book? 

-Stacey

They are getting a few but I'm looking for ways to attract more interest. Like I said, I have used craigslist and facebook but I'm looking for other ways.

What things could I do that would be similar to facebook and craigslist to get people to my listing?