Losing my superhost status even if i am currently renting

Filippo-M-0
Level 2
Milan, Italy

Losing my superhost status even if i am currently renting

Hey guys,

since a few months I get the Super host status, and I was quite proud of it.

I’m currently renting my apartment to an amazing guest for 1 year straight....due to the low number of guest (since it's still the same) Airbnb told me I’ve missed out to be a Super Host again..

I find this so unfair since the apartment is currently rented...

There is something I can do?

Thanks a lot in advance

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Superhost status is not about whether your place is rented but whether you meet their standards which includes having a minimum to 10 bookings I think per period.

So no it is not unfair.

Airbnb isn't really designed for long term bookings.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Filippo-M-0  , Your topic comes up in this community center

again and a again and again. There is nothing You can do about

it. It's just the way it is.

Hello @Ute0 and @Helen0 ! Thank you very much for you prompt reply! I have to deal with it I guess, I am gust sorry about it cause I put effort in order to achieve the super host badge and I still think is unfair to remove it even if the apartment is currently rented (and I’m doing my host job with it!!).

Ciao!

Joel108
Level 2
Bethany Beach, DE

Yes i beleive you can earn it back but you have to be active . I worry about it too as really my time line is 3 months in the summer only. Hardly any renters in the beach area in winter ,... sigh 

@Joel108  Yes, the requirements don't take into account those of us who live in an area with a definite tourist season. But the bottom line for airbnb is how much booking fees they can rake in, so those who have less than 10 a period, they seem to percieve as being of less value to them. But what would seem to make more sense, even to airbnb's bottom line, is to count the # of days booked per period instead of the #of trips hosted. If you have full occupancy for 3 months, for instance, airbnb would getting far more in booking fees than if you hosted 20 trips in a period for 1 day each.

@Filippo-M-0  There are many things airbnb, unfortunately, which aren't fair to hosts.

@Sarah977 I totally agree with you!!