Loud sex and a prostitute

Itzel26
Level 2
Ensenada, Mexico

Loud sex and a prostitute

I have been a  host for almost 9  months and although I  have had some love- loud  guests, my tonight's guest  has overpass all boundaries. She booked the night for her and her boyfriend, I allowed them to check in earlier, just to hear them have sex. Didn't take importance on this since I'm not surprised of this things anymore but the shock came later. I caught them bringing an extra girl at around 10pm ( they told me she was only there for a few minutes and they will leave),  an after some minutes MORE LOUD SEX NOISES. I find this so disrespectful and rude, I sent her a message telling her that the friend can't stay or she'll need to pay as an extra guest, the girl left around midnight. What would you do? I feel like this is not fair, and I am more than disgusted to clean the room tomorrow 😞

12 Replies 12
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am sorry to hear about your guests.

What you could have done is told the extra girl to leave when you caught them bringing her in (presume you have house rule about no extra guests). @Itzel26 

As this didn't happen all you can do is provide an honest review about the guest being very noisy in your home and bringing an additional guest back that they hadn't booked or paid for. (don't mention sexual activity).

Thank you Helen! The reason why I didn't say anything at the moment is because they told me the girl was only there for a couple of minutes and they will leave... I never imagined it will turn in a couple of hours for sexual activity 😞

@Itzel26  I understand that you believed them that the other girl would only stay for a minute, but in the future, just don't let any extra people in the house at all- if it had been true she was only coming for a minute and they were all going to go out, she could have waited for them outside- there was no reason for her to come into your home. I'm sure you wouldn't let some complete stranger who knocked on your door into your house, so it's exactly the same if a guest does that.

Yes, I guess I failed in being naive about this 

@Itzel26  Hey, there's all kinds of situations we never anticipate as hosts. Then when something happens that takes us by surprise, we're not sure how to handle it in the moment. It's easy for us to give each other advice here, but we might not have handled it well ourselves if we were suddenly faced with it. 

My listing clearly is only for one person, but a girl I hosted brought some guy home at 3AM- I was asleep, but they woke me up- they were drunk and loud and the headboard was banging against the wall. I was mad and laid there wondering if I should get up and kick him out (and maybe her as well), then decided I didn't want a scene at 3AM and I waited and talked to her about it the next mornng. It turned out okay- I just said she couldn't do that here and she said okay and we got along fine for the rest of her stay. But if she'd been aggressive about it, or I had, instead of just being firm, it could have gone completely differently.

Exactly! That's the sama thing that happened to me... I heard the noises, open my door to figure what was happening... they I was sure what was I hearing and then I went back to my bed... mortified... and started writting here. Wish I had a strongest reaction but I just couldnt. Now Airbnb is analyzing my case. 

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Itzel26, it is your home and you are not obliged to keep calm in such situation. Personally I’d knock the door and ask them to leave. Immediately! I consider such behavior as violation of my privacy. For sure it is necessary to contact CS and explain the situation. We are sharing homes, not running burdel business! 

I totally agree, last night I was shocked and barely could do anything... I already called CS, waiting for a resolution. I just only want Airbnb to block them to book my place again.

Vince1173
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

@Itzel26 Consider this a lesson learned. I'm not a host personally, but from what I can tell by searching through other superhosts in the past, they set some rules that guests must abide by. 

Also, this isn't meant to make it seem like it's your fault and I'm sure it wasn't a pleasant experience for you Itzel, so I'm just trying to help the best way I can.

What I'd do is remove this part in the description of your place: "We don't have many rules but this one is important: No smoking on the room. If you need to, we have a front yard where you can take a break, see the sky and smoke."

The part that I made bold is probably what made them think it's okay to do it in the first place. Please update that part and I'm sure you won't experience something like this again.

You are right! I was trying to be the most nice host but I totally forgot there are some people who can just take advantage of people. I'll remove that and make a little bit more serious profile.

Michael935
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

So did the first girl stay when the other arrived??? Did the guy change or same guy?? When I heard 2nd sex noise I would knock on the door and say - EVERYONE OUT!!!!  Easy for me to say now!!

The girl who booked the room was with her boyfriend. Both leave and then came back with the extra girl. I was shocked, could'nt react to that, it was my first time with an experience like this... but sure if someone does that again I will react as you say