Low commitment rate due to rookie mistake

Deaton0
Level 1
New York, NY

Low commitment rate due to rookie mistake

Hello community,

Right after first listing my apartment, an elder gentleman booked the place for 1 night. Not only did I not know about the minimum stay setting, but the elder gentleman was also going to be in town for surgery at the hospital down the street and was not going to be able to walk up and down the stairs to reach my apartment. I had not listed an elevator in the amenitites offered, so this was a class case of miscommunication.

In haste, I cancelled the reservation, which has plagued my listing since with a low commitment rating, which I'm afraid is affecting its visibility in search results.

What is the best way to go about amending this rookie mistake?

Thank you,

Deaton

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Deaton0 ,

I saw in your listing it happened before july 2017 and you received several nice reviews after that "incident". It's effect on your statistics and rating as a host will disappear more and more in future if you continue like this. Best regards, Emiel

Hello, I had a similar experience when the pump went out in our well. A reservation had to be cancelled at the last minute. I have had only perfect reviews since, but the first thing a potential guest sees is the review of this unfortunate incident. How long does it take for my hosting percentage to improve? I am very concerned about this. Sylvia Thomas The Historic Cabin at Gobblers' Knob