Malicious, false review

Sam4508
Level 2
Costa Rica

Malicious, false review

Hi everyone. I've been a host for 8 years now and I just got my first review that is a total and blatant lie.

I've had over a 4.9+ rating and been a superhost for years, then this last guest gave me 1 and 2 stars across the board and filled the comments of the review with complete lies. They gave the location a 1 and said we are very far from the beach...but we literally are on the first street from the beach and it's only a 5 minute walk in all directions (exactly as stated all over our listing). They went on to say I was unpleasant and disgusting (I have no idea where this came from as I was accommodating to their needs from the beginning and even helped them with half off on their first night because they didn't want to drive in the dark). They even said it was very difficult to walk to the beach when it rained --- meanwhile they were here in the middle of rainy season - SMH. They left our place in the worst shape of any guest we've had I years, yet they made false claims about me and my airbnb. They even requested turndown service and new towels/linens during their 4 day stay...they broke dishware and shoved it in the trash and never told me. This and many other things weird things like I am a despicable human and that our place is really dark (meanwhile it actually has bright LED lights and white walls). 

I have text screenshots and photo proof as evidence to all this.

How do I get this malicious, false review removed? 

Thanks!

Sam

6 Replies 6
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Sam4508 What do you think was the motivation for leaving a review full of lies and low star ratings? What you can do is respond to it briefly and with professionalism, pointing out a few of the inconsistencies with what your listing notes, and then direct future guests to refer to your many 5 star reviews for an accurate and truthful representation of guest experience. 

It’s good you left them an honest review, to warn others.

Just curious, did you offer the refund for something that was beyond your control (them not wanting to drive in the dark), or did they ask?

I can well understand you . I had over a 4,9 rating and been a Superhost for years .  A group of young vandals from Sweden made several damages to the apartment . As soon as I asked a compensation , they wrote  "1 star rating" (without a single word of comment) . I rent the apartment  15 times/year and , despite I get 14 "five stars reviews" , a single "1 star review" is enough to bring the average below 4,8!!!

Airbnb doesn't help you and doesn't cancel the reviews if you cannot prove that the guest has tried to blackmail you (which is almost impossible)

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I didn't find their review and your rating is still 4,91 so don't worry 🙂

334B961B-041E-4C3B-B00F-032BA98FD167.jpegE9277ED9-BD88-4E6D-8658-416A47BB9F68.jpegMy guests are complaining that they are unable to book my place 

all or them are experiencing same error 

what should i do? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Either the problem is with their account 'there are security concerns' or with yours because you have ratings of less than four stars and a guest has made a safety complaint about your place.

You will need to call Airbnb to check @Rana204 

Why are you not leaving reviews for your guests by the way? Reviews are the backbone of how Airbnb works and reviews particularly where you have had bad guests helps warn other hosts about their behaviour.

Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

@Sam4508  I also can't see the review en your rating is still 4.9+ and your place looks very nice. Trust people with a good set of brains. They see through this kind of reviews. People who write this kind of reviews when all the reviews are this good make a fool out of them selfs. When no harm is done what I always think when i meet this kind off people .... I hope the have lots of fun with them selfs, then I turn around look at the sun, smell a flower and think ... live is good.

Groetjes Katja