Management Platforms is it worth it? (example: Evolve)

Paige208
Level 3
San Diego, CA

Management Platforms is it worth it? (example: Evolve)

Hi All,

New to the Airbnb world, have been doing events at our property for some time but with covid, we needed to shift and create a space that can be utilized in a more efficient way. My question is does anyone think management/marketing platforms are worth it? I was looking into Evolve but they take 10%. I also have had my property listed for a week with no hits, I am not sure how long it takes to get booked but I read someone said it took them 4-6 months which definitely won't work for us. 

Any insight on management platforms or how long it took you to start getting bookings appreciated 🙂

Paige Alexander
3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Paige208 we got our first booking within a week or two of going on Airbnb. I am not convinced a marketing platform is worthwhile. More important is to check the local market yourself and make sure you are competitive.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Paige208 

I believe Evolve was mentioned here some time ago and opinions were not generally favorable.

You might do a search here and also on the web.

We had a management service that was mostly useless. We dumped them, opened our own Airbnb account and had guests within a week.

Amy2212
Level 2
New Port Richey, FL

I was wondering, too. I was all excited and about ready to jump in with Evolve and luckily remembered to look for reviews on them. I saw a lot of bad reviews about customer service for the traveler AND the hosts. Hard to get anyone on the phone, screwed up calendars, screwed up bookings, etc, etc. The same frustrations I have with AirBnB and VRBO but at least I know I can always get personal help to fix the issues as soon as I discover them.