Mattress protectors, blankets, bedspreads and duvet covers

Tim691
Level 2
Brentwood, TN

Mattress protectors, blankets, bedspreads and duvet covers

Curious what the norms are on cleaning frequency.  We’ve been doing every stay but a bit overwhelming!

3 Replies 3
Tracie24
Level 7
Washington, DC

I have couple of  large throws in a basket for use if someone wants to get cozy in a chair instead of the bed.  I use duvets on the bed instead of blankets for easier removal and to switch up the decor.  I launder all of them after each stay. Right now I have a padded mattress protector on the bed, but I'm considering switching to waterproof style for extra protection against bugs and spills. 

Yes, it can be a lot.  I think I have enough linens now that I don't feel rushed and can refresh after each visit for three or four visits before I HAVE to do a wash. I've looked into using a linen service but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. 

Cheers!

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Tracie24, it is absolutely crucial to have a waterproof protector, put it underneath the padded one. Guests won't feel it, and you will never have to put up a post saying ''Help, guests ruined my bed''.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Tim691 

Unless you are in the luxury segment with prices to match, I suggest you get rid of all the stash and go IKEA style - fitted sheet + duvet and duvet cover.  A good quality sheet will protect the mattress protector unless there is some sort of "accident" and does usually not need a wash every time. Use the waterproof protectors and have one spare just in case.  Use pillow protectors too.