Message about Changes to Co-Host messaging

Kathleen759
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

Message about Changes to Co-Host messaging

I received this message that I'm very distraught about: "Starting July 31, Airbnb inbox messaging will only be for communication between you and your guests" Will our Co-host no longer be able to communicate with our guests????? What's the point of having a co-host????

7 Replies 7
Scott606
Level 2
Huntington Beach, CA

I am extremely distraught as well. Why would Airbnb do this! 

Duncan-and-Natalia0
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

agree. It's nuts. What's up @Airbnb?

Joey28
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Here it says Co-Hosts can still message with guests...https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1534/what-can-a-cohost-do

Amber227
Level 2
Portland, OR

Appalled. The whole reason I have cohosts is so we can all view the ongoing correspondence with guests an chime in without missing a beat if one of us is unavailable. Can you imaging being a guest and having to repeat your request with each cohost? Anyone who's called Comcast about anything knows what I mean. Whats next Airbnb? Going to take away my ability to choose my own nightly rate? Also I hate you. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this here in the Community Center. 

I spoke to the team about this, and they explained that this change will mean that the ability for Hosts to message Co-Hosts within the Airbnb app will be removed (but you can still contact your Co-Hosts via email, phone or text). However, no changes are being made to the way your Co-Host can message with guests. 

I hope this helps to clarify - please let me know if you have further questions.

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Amber227
Level 2
Portland, OR

@Quincy  So from what I understand, I have the ability to call, text and email the people who help me run my business? Hmm.... thanks? Your response doesn't addressed any of the issues I expressed. I know how to use my phone.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Amber227,

Thanks for raising your concerns.

As my colleague @Quincy kindly pointed out, the Airbnb messaging tool will no longer support private conversations between Hosts and co-Hosts. That's why other options outside the Airbnb platform will have to be used moving forward.

That being said, there will be no changes to the way Hosts and co-Hosts communicate with guests. That means that group chats will still be available when including guests, Hosts and co-Hosts.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Liv