Messages sending twice

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Messages sending twice

Hello fellow hosts and happy 2020! Just lately, all my messages to guests seem to be sending twice. It's not a major drama or anything,  just a slight annoyance. Anyone else noticing this?

10 Replies 10
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Kath9 

Yes, but I noticed it happend with one of my messages. (It was sent twice when using  my smart phone)

What is interesting it that, I opened Airbnb on my notebook and the message it was not duplicated, meaning, seeing the sequence of messages on my notebook.

I think there is a glitch indeed.

@J-Renato0, that's funny, I just checked my messages on my laptop and they aren't showing up there as duplicated. Hmmm....the plot thickens...

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kath9  Well, I have the opposite problem and so does my friend who has a listing. My messages aren't duplicating, they are disappearing! Just wrote a guest an answer to his message, looked like it went through, then the next time I signed in, the message had disappeared and he said he never got it.

They seem to be going for an all-time glitch record this week.

@Sarah977, uh oh. That is definitely a worse problem...

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Kath9 

So far no duplicate messages or missing messages.

HOWEVER went to deal with the constant reminders to "update bank details now to keep payments coming" - filled in the first page, got to verification and got taken to "where would you like to visit" (just like a couple of weeks ago when we tried to log on to the community boards.)

I can just SEE that I'm going to have a problem with payouts...

@Rowena29, this was an issue a while back (maybe before you were hosting, can't quite remember). Other Aussie hosts will remember it - we were told to update our bank details, but then when we went to do so, it was correct. Then, we stopped getting paid, which went on for weeks. So, yes, I would be keeping an eye on your payouts. Fingers crossed it's all good.

@Kath9 Yes I do remember that - around October 2018. I   started hosting- JUST as it commenced - before I had any guests  so it didn't affect me.  

But I got hit with a whole raft of other glitches including losing IB ( even though it showed on my profile) and having guest being told they could "check in anytime" despite my having selected from 2 pm onwards.   I could go on. It was a real trial by fire.

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

The double messages happen to me about half the time when I use my mobile (one of the many reasons I avoid the app as much as possible), and it's been that way for over a year. When I send a message, I get a "failed/retry" notice. When I resend, the message gets delivered twice.

I've started not "retrying", and when I look at the thread from my laptop, the message is there. Does that sound like what's happening to you, @Kath9 ? Is it an app issue?

Soooooo many bugs in the system right now. Does the platform have 'flu?

Hahaha @Jennifer1421 , some kind of weird virus anyway! I've had the 'fail/retry' notice a few times too. There's definitely something going on with the app. I've just checked my messages on my laptop and they are not duplicated there (only on the app). Who knows what the guest is seeing? I've also had the issue lately of the app not recognising when I've read my messages - it constantly shows the 'dot' signifying that a message has not been read when I've opened/read it a million times. It's a small thing I know, but still frustrating.

On my phone I've had numerous failed/retry messages, when left alone a few minutes later another message appears as being sent. Only one message shows on laptop. Not that long ago app worked better on my phone than laptop. I've recently had several calls into support for other reasons, on two occasions I've been told, problems with mobile app. Hope it's fixed soon.