Messaging hosts does not work (Something went wrong)

András18
Level 1
Bp, Hungary

Messaging hosts does not work (Something went wrong)

Recently I ran into multiple cases of not being able to contact host about a listing.

> Something went wrong
Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again.

Where can I report this? Airbnb Help and customer support is really-really unhelpful when you wish to report a bug.
2 Replies 2
Dan13525
Level 2
Stanford, CA

I'm getting this too. I also can't book a stay -- I've tried three times and gotten the same error message each time. My card's been charged three times but there's no upcoming trip showing under my account. Here's the error message I got each time I tried to book the stay: 

{:msg=>"Invalid request for READ! Request: QueryRequest{value=ObjectQuery{modelQuery=ModelQuery{model=BookingSession, index=IndexDescriptor{name=BookingSessionIndexOnThreadIdAndType, terms=[IndexTerm{fieldName=thread_id, value=Value{value=898005918, id=3, name=longValue, type=Long}}], range=null}, filterExpressions=[], forceMasterRead=false}, sorts=null, limit=1, offset=null, childModels=null, seekAfterExpressions=null}, id=1, name=objectQuery, type=ObjectQuery} Specified index does not exist in schema", :error=>InvalidRequestException: Invalid request for READ! Request: QueryRequest{value=ObjectQuery{modelQuery=ModelQuery{model=BookingSession, index=IndexDescriptor{name=BookingSessionIndexOnThreadIdAndType, terms=[IndexTerm{fieldName=thread_id, value=Value{value=898005918, id=3, name=longValue, type=Long}}], range=null}, filterExpressions=[], forceMasterRead=false}, sorts=null, limit=1, offset=null, childModels=null, seekAfterExpressions=null}, id=1, name=objectQuery, type=ObjectQuery} Specified index does not exist in schema}

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @András18 @Dan13525 

You can report bugs through this form. When doing so, please be as descriptive as possible, also stating if it was the app or desktop you used, which operating system and which browsers and other relevant information. 

After reading your comments, I've also sent an internal message to the team with the information you both provided here. They got back to me saying there was an issue, which is now fixed and everything should be back to normal.

Could you please both confirm if everything is working from your end? 

Many thanks