Minimum Stay Question

Lindsay33
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Minimum Stay Question

Hi all I have guests requesting to book just one evening (New Years eve) when the minimum stay is listed as 4 days. How do I manage this request? If I decline it makes my rating for guest bookings seem bad and if I ignore it I seem a bad communicator -and I am getting a few of these requests. I would appreciate the advice thank you

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Lindsay33. Seeing the craze with prices for NYE/NYD night, I increased the price for that one night and kept the night before and after at a normal rate or only slightly higher. Imho the only way to discourage one night bookers or to monetize on that one night only.

I would reply that the request doesn't meet the requirements. 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

And read this: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/360/can-i-decline-booking-inquires-or-reservation-requests

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lindsay33 You can also send them a special offer. The NYE RATE PLUS CLEANING FEES. 

‘You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Lindsay33 Just decline the request citing your 4-night minimum. Declining requests does not affect your public rating and does little to your ranking in the search unless you decline a lot of requests. 

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Lindsay33        For some reason I can't see your listing, but you can set the minimum to 4 nights over in the availability section for that period which should stop you getting requests for one night. 

Jiw0
Level 10
Chiang Mai, Thailand

You don't have to delcine, but you ***MUST*** answer an inquiry (with a reply message) within 24 hours or else that counts as a negative.  With a 4 day minimum they won't be able to book; you can decline or not that's up to you but it makes little difference.

However you owe it to the guest to politely explain about your 4 day minimum so they can move on and find something else.

Generally speaking with AirBnB you should never ever let anything go unanswered.  Communicate! ❤️ 🙂