Minimum number of guests settings ?

Minimum number of guests settings ?

Please i need help increasing the number of guest. Reservation started already. When I tried, the system says i cant do it. So I need to do the adjustment. hopefully i get help from Airbnb

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

For the reservation that has already started, @Henriette-and-Hippolyte0, I am not sure you can do it (=increase he number of guests). You can, however, request money. So you need to calculate much more your guests owe you.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Being that I'm in a different state than my listing house, I would have no idea how many people are actually there. How can I prove how many people stayed to know how much extra to charge them? 

I have just begun managing my listing and have found that people put reservations through with an incorrect number of guests. Is this your problem? They set the reservation for 1 guest, but then I find they're traveling with numerous people. My listing is set to increase nightly price based on guest count above 2. Is this a common problem? How do others handle it?

This has been a huge problem, All Airbnb can do is tell me to manually and physically requests for money. It ends up going back and forth and then explaining, and the guest will tell you they stayed somewhere else and they didnt have to pay extra, it ends up going back and forth and then you get a bad 2 star review and a warning from Airbnb that your listing will be suspended.

My 2 room apartment can sleep upto 6 guests. Most often than not, the guest never book the correct number of guest. I have a security camera that sees how many number of guests came in and spend the night. I have ask Airbnb to provide the possibility of changing the number of guest once they check in. They have said you cant do that. It is only at that moment that you can know how many are checking in. I dont feel like charging 6 guests thesame fees as 1 guests.

So what do we do? Almost nothing...

Airbnb says make a requests for extra money from he platform.  Most guests dont like that.