Missing Payouts

Answered!
Andrew2468
Level 5
Squamish, Canada

Missing Payouts

I have not received a payout in over a month. I am owed a lot of money and will not tell me why I am not receiving my payouts. 

I call and message repeatedly and they tell me the same thing "the appropriate department has been notified and they will contact you" 

It has been over a month with no payment nor any contact from said "department"

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

1 Best Answer

Contact the guests ( the previous and upcoming ) as them for some help. Ask to contact AirB&B and find out what happened to their money they paid. 
it helped me allot. AirB&B paid me very fast after that … 

View Best Answer in original post

202 Replies 202
Ekaterina137
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hello everyone! Yesterday I had a 40 minutes phone conversation and finally got someone reasonable ! They are sending my payout, I can see it in my transactions and hope tomorrow on my bank account. I had to decline to be transferred to the “department which can help me better with my issue “, as for two weeks that was not working out wel. And demanded to talk to the manager ( I didn’t talk to one, but just saying it helped allot ). Also told them that there are many cases like mine and there is a community ….. and that we will go public if they keep doing this to us !!! 
so in 2 hours they send the payment 

hope that information will help somebody. And will let you know if the money received 

@Ekaterina137 congrats dear!!! Im still talking to them about the other half of payment that it didn’t get! Super frustrating and he keeps asking the same questions all over again :((((

@Ekaterina137 @Desirée22 Happy to hear you have had (some) success!

I thought I was getting somewhere but once again I am at a dead end. Changing my payout account did not help unfortunately. 

I am super frustrated - tired of repeating my story to a new person each day. 

The crazy thing is I have over $6000 in upcoming reservations booked that I can't cancel without penalty. They won't pay me, but if I cancel I have to pay them (a fee for cancelling)... airbnb will not cancel them for me.

What do I do about that???

@Andrew2468Has anyone actually told you they won’t cancel your bookings penalty free, or are you assuming they won’t? You have every right to have that done for you, given you are not being paid. I would add to be insistent and persistent, as by now you know how incompetent Airbnb CS is. 

@Colleen253 I have asked several times for help with cancelling my future bookings. Every time I ask they either ignore the question or tell me everything is resolved and my payouts will commence. Which they haven't.

Once I spoke to someone who said she didn't think it was necessary to cancel and wanted to look into my case a little more before helping me do that.  The next day she proceeded to tell me the  I would start receiving payouts if I changed my default account ( which I have now changed 3 times on their advice) and then she closed my case so I can no longer contact her.

I'm at a loss...... I am paying to host these guests, with $13000 owed to me now.

Do I take legal action? I'm not accepting any more reservations but I have another $6000 on the books coming up.

say I will be receiving my payouts. But nothing changes and they close my case and I am forced to start a new one each day. 

@Andrew2468 Put your foot down re the cancellations. No more stalling. You need to take the upper hand with these CS reps. They will now be taking orders from you. And THEY can explain to your guests why they are being cancelled

Legal action seems necessary. So sorry you’re going through this. This has to be the number one complaint on this forum. I would love to know the real reason this happens so often. It’s my greatest fear, that it will be me next. Good luck!

Contact the guests ( the previous and upcoming ) as them for some help. Ask to contact AirB&B and find out what happened to their money they paid. 
it helped me allot. AirB&B paid me very fast after that … 

@Ekaterina137 

I think thats what I would be doing, no airbnb guest would be getting in my property let them call and complain they have been refused entry I bet you a 1000% airbnb would contact me asking why, 

I have quite a lot of bookings coming up and I have all their numbers stored in a Whats app group if I needed them to cancel I could do, 

What did you write your guests exactly?

Dear @Andrew2468  i m at wits end! Thry asked me for the n th time to change my payout method and promised that it will work once it is approved but nothing. Now I got another psychedelic mail from Payoneer saying:

Unfortunately Paypal is not supported for Airbnb transfers as a payment method.

You may manage your payout methods through your online account with Airbnb. If you choose to add a new payout method that is offered by Payoneer, you will be redirected to our registration page where you will be able to enter your personal details.

wow.facepalm!!!!

@Desirée22 sorry you are still dealing with this....please see my new message below. I finally had success with the suggestions of the others!

@Andrew2468 Victory! After 2 months of the worst customer support of the entire life online i got all the payments on PayPal. I think i ll leave paypal and not the bank acc for some time. 

Hi, have you received your payouts? 

@Neil566 

Hello Neil,

No I haven't received my payouts.

It is now more than a month and half since I was supposed to get paid and still nothing.

In fact Customer Service is ignoring me since more than a week already (!).

I had 9 tickets opened with CS.

Of these 8 were opened and closed.

The single CS ticket that is open is ignoring me.

I am frustrated and lost.

Marie1009
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hello there

i have the same problem. 7 weeks and no pay out and nothing being done. We are going to contact a solicitor as this is unlawful.