Missing Payouts

Answered!
Andrew2468
Level 5
Squamish, Canada

Missing Payouts

I have not received a payout in over a month. I am owed a lot of money and will not tell me why I am not receiving my payouts. 

I call and message repeatedly and they tell me the same thing "the appropriate department has been notified and they will contact you" 

It has been over a month with no payment nor any contact from said "department"

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

1 Best Answer

Contact the guests ( the previous and upcoming ) as them for some help. Ask to contact AirB&B and find out what happened to their money they paid. 
it helped me allot. AirB&B paid me very fast after that … 

View Best Answer in original post

202 Replies 202

banks are paying interest on deposits again. when large corporations delay payment of funds being held in interest bearing accounts, they earn 10s of thousands of dollars interest (on money thats not even theirs), some earn 100s of thousands Interest in Free Money.    

let's say hypothetically they delay payouts for one week to 5,000 hosts worldwide.......and the host avg payout is $2500. Then you figure Airbnb's bank pays 1.5% interest in today's money market.  This is Free Money Off kMoney that's Not Even Theirs!!!

same here six weeks no payouts and no resolution from customer support- I am located in Switzerland, what does your solicitor say'? seems our agreement is through arbitration so you have to send a notice of arbitration to get your $$. I am booked out mostly with air bnb through September, after that I will cancel my listings if they do not resolve this week.

Very unlawful , same we will do contact a solicitor 

**[Image removed - Community Center Guidelines]

I received my payment faster then usually. Very odd, but very happy. 
I would contact the guests and tell them that you will be not able to keep these bookings and accommodate them due to this issue with AirB&B. And ask the guests to contact AirB&B themselves to ask questions. Also contact the guests who already stayed by you and ask for some support. It worked for me ! After the guests contacted AirB&B my payout was solved. 

Mine too since October- its seems after lockdown they have just taken funds and not paid them out to suit themselves  and still now until January 2022.

Time to all "go public"

Andrew2468
Level 5
Squamish, Canada

UPDATE!!!!

I received my payouts!!!  I was firm on the phone and said that I will be contacting all my past guests to tell them the situation and I was going to contact all my upcoming reservations to ask them to cancel because Airbnb won't pay me and I could no longer host for free!

I then proceeded to write to all my past guests (for whom I hadn't received a payout)  and asked them if they could spare a minute to help and reach out to Airbnb to ask them why their payment didn't go to me. 

I also told the girl on the phone to put all the keywords on my account that would alert the 'specialized team'  that this was an issue that needed to be dealt with immediately. I told her to tag the words: lawyer, lawsuit, major news stations, asking future guests to cancel - basically anything that would get someones attention! 

3 days later all my payments arrived. 

It would have been nice if they just admitted they were having technical issues and it would be resolved, but I was never told this.....I could only assume that my money was gone for good and I was stuck hosting all my upcoming reservations for free. 

A complete waste of time but don't give up!!

Congrats for your effort @Andrew2468 !! I really wish no host ever experience this in the future. I wish @Airbnb learns from this and uplevels their payment processors and also improves CS communication towards efficency. As we all here do as Superhosts. All my consideration for all of your hard work and commitement to offer high standards of hosting. We deserve a fair treatment from our working partners! 

@Desirée22 I agree completely. Congrats to you and your effort as well! 

Hi everyone im so happy you have resolve your issues but SAD to say im having the same problem my payout has been held hostage by airbnb for the past 15 days i have been hosting for 7 years with aribnb and have listed four of my property to airbnb, I received an email from airbnb March 16 2022 asking me to update my birthdate and so i did but after that day no payout was send to my bank account for more than 15days i have zero payout but i have a daily guest that checks in and out daily for the whole March and April and May as well,  but there was no good response from airbnb customer service, i called every day and i all i was told  was “be patient your case is being handle by a specialized team and they will send you an email” this is very frustrating and very stressful, i send messages to airbnb but they just close my case, what is worst every time i call their incompetent, in efficient customer services i need to tell them the whole problem and it feels like its always a first time for me to unload my issue with them, it aeems there is not urgency in my problem, the payoit is accumulating every day and it seems its not gone come with a lame reason of just updating my birthdate, i can not get a straight forward answer why my payout is being with held, I really need help, please help me, aibnb has hold more than $ 5000USD already and it will accumulating because i still have guest coming in, we should all unite inorder to trach airbnb a lesson thisnis not right we have all worked to be superhost in oir own expenses we worked hard in order to invest in our property and we ven work harder to give the best experience for our guest and at the end if every day our hard earned money will not be given to us, i really do not know what to do anymore i have exerted all my efforts by calling airbnb by sending them a messenge and even commenting on airbnb social media but until not March 29, 2022 airbnb still keeps my money with them and have not called me and message me why is this happen all they can say is wait for the specillized team to go through  the process of verifying your account

I still have almost $2,130 held hostage with Airbnb and it has been more than 4 weeks despite that I uploaded two payout methods that are completely legit and both are verified.

One of them is set as the default payout method (the other one was also a default payout method but it didn't work due to the Airbnb big that keeps reverting to an old and defunct payout method so I was asked to change the default payout method which I did).

I set one of them as a default and it was verified but still nothing works.

The Airbnb system probably expects me to open a few dozen bank accounts in multiple countries before they do the needy and send the payment to one of them.

I agree the customer service is hopeless but I don't think it is the fault of the representatives.

It is the fault of the app and the website and the entire system that has mega glitches and bugs.

Some of the customer service people genuinely want to help but they are unable to provide solutions.

Based on my experience and other factors it is clear to me the Airbnb concept is failing everyone.

my account is verified, has been for 4 years, nothing changed except ABNB stopped making payouts to me 5 weeks ago, now 8 stays and $6,000 due, and 6 days of no resolution from customer "support". Next step i write to all my guests and post as suggested by @Andrew2468

I am in the same situation a month of missed payments and daily calls to assistance without resolving anything. Now I will blockreservetions and contact past guests who have payed to help me.. I am very disappointed have you any better advice?

Hi ! Connecting the guests was a best solution for me. Right after the guests contact AirB&B my payments went through, somehow! After two weeks on calls - no better advice…. Unfortunately, as hosts,  we do not get a good support until the guests will help and contact AirB&B 

Hi, have you received your payment by now?

AIRBNB told me i had to verify the name of the bank account. I did that but they put a hold on my payouts. By the time they verified it and said payouts were back to normal i had about 15 payouts which had not come in. New payouts came in but im missing 15 payouts during that period. I am more than angry because i have been raising this issue for almost two weeks. Sweta the Ambassador replied four days later saying she was sick. She sent me a payout receipt, however it does not have the MT100 number which is necessary to trace a payment through the banking system and now no response from airbnb. I am a superhost but i cant host anymore if i dont get paid. Almost 60K usd missing. AND SWETA WONT REPLY. its disgusting. I cant pay my own rent, i cant pay my credit card bills and now my christmas is ruined as i cant go on vacation as i have no money let alone buy presents for my kids. Disgusting treatment. NOW what do i do? Do i ask all my guests who have paid to leave and say sorry, airbnb hasnt and wont pay me let alone respond to a message. I dont want to destroy people's vacations or experience like airbnb is doing to me!!! Really need help.