Missing key

Missing key

Reserved an Airbnb, in the ad I was not informed that a key for the downstairs door would not be present. I found out about this my first day staying at the listing, I had no problem with it if I was consistently able to get in downstairs. This wasn’t noted in the listing nor was I informed In advance. I’ve been calling the Airbnb co-host when I’m outside and waiting for him to come downstairs to open the door for 3 days so far. today he was “at work” resulting in me being locked out for an hour after getting groceries. My question is: how much of a refund am I entitled to? The guest refund policy states “guests need to have reasonable access to the listing they booked. If you decide not to provide keys, you should mention in your listing’s description and house rules that keys will not be available to the guests so people are aware of the situation before booking.” In my opinion an hour wait to get into the expensive place you paid for is not reasonable access. Once again this wasn’t mentioned in the listings description or house rules, if it was I would not have booked for such a high price. How much of a refund am I entitled to?

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

If a listing is inaccurate or in some way unacceptable to you, your choice as a guest is to cancel the rest of the reservation and leave, in which case you will be refunded for unstayed nights.

If you choose to stay, this indicates that the conditions were acceptable to you or at least not worth cancelling over. You aren't "entitled" to a refund, just because something wasn't to your liking or wasn't mentioned in the listing.

@Robert5042

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I thought Airbnb was about give & take @Robert5042 , not entitlement...? - Call me an old romantic!