Missing my reservation emails

Alexis225
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Missing my reservation emails

I so miss the emails alerting me to a new reservation. Although I have a smart phone, the signal in my area is really bad, so I sometimes don't get any texts, and don't know if I have any new reservations unless I go to airbnb and check it out. I also miss the emails alerting me to a review, so have missed replying to some lovely reviews as well. Is it possible to get the emails again, or is it assumed we now only get info via our mobiles?

7 Replies 7
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Go to your profile settings and select all the ways of being notified to increase the ways you will be notified - email, text and push.  😄

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Alexis225  I think most of us receive email notifications, no, they haven't been phased out.

Heather756
Level 1
Lambton Shores, Canada

although i recieved emails from airbnb concerning a trip i'm taking myself, i did not receive text or email regarding a booking made for my own airbnb. just happened to see it on my messages in inbox online. I cant sit at the computer all day checking for inbox messages.. followed the protocal in help section and all is good its not in my spam, i have checked boxes for email and text. received neither!!!!   it would be nice if airbnb had an accessible phone number would it not?????   ugg!  very frustrated.. will have to go back over 40 messages and see if i've missed anyone else. can you imagine this lady showing up on my doorstep andi had no idea she was coming? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Alexis225 

If your phone reception is bad where you are, you might need to switch to another provider.

In terms of guest reviews, you don't need a reminder from Airbnb as you know when your guests are leaving so can schedule in to leave the review. And I am sure you must go into your listing regularly so will pick up one  of their messages online to remind you to review your guest.

As your phone reception is bad, why not just get into the habit of checking bookings on your tablet or laptop?

@Heather756  if you have set up on email and phone to receive messages and these aren't coming through and you have checked your settings on both and your spam filters I would suggest you give Airbnb a call to see if they can sort out the problem.

Heather756
Level 1
Lambton Shores, Canada

hi phone reception is good so that cant be the issue. as far as calling airbnb is there a phone number ? i have reached out to them on their facebook page. thanks for your responses  

For some reason many hosts cannot figure out how to contact Air BNB so you are not alone.  Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Heather756  I was replying to @Alexis225 when i talked about phone reception, as he said he encountered problems with it.