Missing payouts since 27th March 2022

Neil566
Level 2
PJ, Malaysia

Missing payouts since 27th March 2022

Hi, I'm Neil from Malaysia. We're superhost for many years and recently since the 27th March and we havent received our payout until today. We were on paypal initially and received a message saying : ' Your payout method isn't available, likely because of regulations for this region. ' So we added a payment method. New payment method was verified 6days ago but still not payout. We have contacted the Airbnb Help but no concrete answer was given onto why is this happening and when will we receive our payout. It is frustrating because we have many ongoing and upcoming clients to serve with expenses to cover, and we have no clue if we ever going to receive our payouts! 

Would like to know what can we do about it and is this affecting only us or other members as well? 

48 Replies 48

@Sybe @Piotr48 @Neil566 

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Hi Sybe, I HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY PAYOUTS SINCE MARCH 27TH!!! Now is August 19th! I've spoken to ambassadors and they informed me it's a technical glitch, thus sent to technical department,  however it is DE-ESCALATED BACK AND CASE CLOSED!!! WHY ????!!!!! 

Neil566
Level 2
PJ, Malaysia

Still waiting for reply from SC .. 3 weeks in no payouts 

@Neil566 I'm without 3 payouts for over a month now and ABB doesn't care.

Hi, what's the reason why they didn't release your payouts? 

@Neil566 my bank denied these payouts because there was not enough information about sender's (Payoneer) bank details. My bank returned the money few weeks ago and since then all I hear is reassurance from Payoneer and ABB that they are working on it. Many hosts in Poland are in the same situation.

@Piotr48 

I think you were wrong to opt to get paid via Payoneer.

If corporate America (In this category I include this fake community that is essentially a disfunctional and greedy company called Airbnb.

I wish this wasn't the case but based on my experience it is) tried to convince you to get paid by Payoneer you can be sure they will benefit not you!

At least their excuse exists.

In my case they have no excuses and they don't even bother themselves to come up with any excuses for not sending me thousands of dollars they themselves admit is owed to me.

So far I have 10 customer service tickets opened (!) and 4 CS representatives spoke to me in the last month and half.

They say it is a 'glitch' but now it is 7 days that the case manager on the only ticket that remains open completely ignores me.

He pretends I don't exist.

It is really mind boggling.

Marie1009
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

It’s unbelievable that so many hosts are having their payouts withheld. 

@Marie1009 @Sybe

It may be unbelievable but it is unfortunately true ! 

It is exactly two months today (60 days) since guests checked in and stayed for 28 nights in my Villa and still I didn't receive a cent.

I am also suspended (my calendar is blocked by Airbnb).

I assume this is for not becoming an obedient slave to my Airbnb Corporate Masters and daring to voice my frustration.

I suppose at this stage Airbnb has no incentive I've to release the he thousands of dollars it owes me so my ordeal will continue for at least another two months (?!)

@Marie1009 @Sybe @Piotr48 @Neil566 

It is now two and half months and Airbnb still didn't release a cent to me.

If that wasn't bad enough they also suspended me as a host but didn't suspend me as a guest so basically they think that I am not capable of hosting (perhaps because they know I would inform guests that I was not paid by Airbnb for some months and that they should draw their own conclusions) but they think I am perfectly fine as a guest just so they reap their high and unjustified commissions.

This is the reality of Airbnb 2022.

Happy (soon) bankruptcy to corporate America and their slaves !

Neil566
Level 2
PJ, Malaysia

I was promised on 30th April that I will receive my payouts in 7 business days. After 7 business days, still no payouts. So I contacted SC again and I am starting from the beginning again. They mentioned it is a technical issue and they are working on it.. ONCE AGAIN! This brings ' taking for a ride a whole new meaning

@Neil566 @Marie1009 @Sybe @Piotr48 

Hello Neil566,

I am facing the same ordeal you are facing except my payment is delayed for roughly a month longer than yours has so far.

I am also recieving the same lame excuse that there is a supposed 'technical glitch' and dozens of 'heartfelt apologies' but not a cent in 73 days !!

Who will compensate me for 90 hours wasted on phone calls and messaging to CS and writing and responding on CC that so far achieved zero results?

How many months more must we wait for our payments in order for a 'delayed payment' to be re-categorised and qualified as downright theft?

The good news is that Airbnb 'Community Support' (oh, the irony!) understand the severity of my situation.

The bad news is they can't or won't do anything constrictive and simple such as sending the money they owe me to my verified payout method l.