Mobile Phone Push Notification

Armin2
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Mobile Phone Push Notification

Hi

Recently I am receiving notification from mobile app asking me to review my guest, or notifying me my guest have left a review.

Previously, I was not receiving this. Considering I will sit down and review my guests on a proper time, receiving this notification with a vibration and airbnb notification sound always confuse me as I think I've received a message from a potentioal guest, only to find it is a review notification.

I've checked notification section under setting in mobile app (iOS) but there is not any checkbox to disable notifications for reviews.

How do I disable reviews notification?

8 Replies 8
Trip0
Level 2
Asheville, NC

I called tech support on the morning of July 13, 2016 and asked them how to turn off these annoying messages.

They can not be stopped without stopping essential messages as well (like a reservation request from a guest). For those of us who manage multiple properties, it is essential to be able to narrow the data stream to include only the most time-sentitive info.

Like a controvercial rider tacked on to an American congressional bill working it's way though that governament, these review reminders have been 'bundled' with our essential data stream, despite that fact that most hosts prefer to use a proper keyboard/ computer to write a proper review.

Hosts of the world, PLEASE SPEAK OUT and help the management and tech departments of AirBnB understand that hosts want to preserve our capacity to customize our data stream so AirBnB will add a preference to the mobile app which premits hosts to STOP these messages.

Here is the message that I sent to Cust. Serv. yesterday and I encourage, nay, IMPLORE you to borrow, copy or steal any part of it in word or spirit to provide informative feedback to the powers that be and correct this new direction which has them manifesting the sort of top-down managment style which I've come to expect from VRBO.

––––START SAMPLE TEXT–––
In general your web and phone interfaces are great and your customer service is very good, but you've just recently changed WHICH messages are sent to phones in the SMS push bundle and the result is very aggravating.

I have push notifications on because you penalize hosts who do not respond promptly to guest's reservation requests, but now you are sending other non-essential messages ("this is a reminder to review your last guest") in this data stream with no way of turning this feature off, when this message could have been more effectively delivered and addressed via email.

Those of us who manage multiple properties and get a LOT of messages, only want our phone to serve up calls and messages which are time-sentitive and essential. This over-reach is a most uncharacteristic privacy invasion for Air BnB, the sort top-down management directive that I expect from VRBO.

–––END SAMPLE TEXT–––

Armin2
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Exactly,

I never type reviews on my phone.

I use my phone to reply guests messages which could be time-sensitive but reviews have to wait until I am on my weekly routine and on a PC, and having these review notification won't help at all and it is annoying.

After I send email to customer support today, they've called me and told me this cannot be turned off but they will redirect my message to their technical team.

We need to speakup to their technical team to make them put an option into app to turn off review notification as soon as possible.

@Armin2 @Trip0

I wrote a separate post on this annoying matter! I also put in a call to Airbnb today. It is very disruptive and obnoxious! Hopefully enough people will complain so that they change this.

@Trip0

Your letter is very good. Maybe you could add it to the new "Host Voice" section. Apparently Host Voice is a place for hosts to share feedback with Airbnb. Not sure if it will work but I just wrote a straight up plea to stop these notifications. Maybe if we inundate the Host Voice section something will get done!

Thanks for the heads up - very helpful.

While I haven't heard anything from the folk at AirBnB about this, I've noticed that no 'review reminders' have come into my phone via text message in the last few weeks. Though I've had some VRBO guests lately, so I'm not sure if the change is causative or circumstantial. When was the last time that you got one of these annoying texts?

I completely agree with the comments mentioned concerning this new & extremely frustrating & annoying notification to REVIEW a guest. These text notifications are coming in extremely early in the morning hours of the day a guest is to depart. The only ping we want to wake us up at the crack of dawn is an inquiry. This is completely ridiculous. We are notified in many other ways to complete our reviews. We don't need a text notification and certainly not one BEFORE the guest even departs. 

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

Yeah the notification MADNESS needs to stop, some of us want to sleep again one day...

Edward96
Level 2
Austin, TX

Completely agree with this.  In addition to the harassing messages about leaving reviews, I am now bombarded with abnoxious messages about "checking in with my guest". 

I called AirBnb and got the same response ... no way to stop them without stopping essential messages.  Interestingly, the call mysteriously cut off twice while I was trying to register my complaint.  It was only on my third attempt calling (cell signal is fine) that I managed to have a conversation with an AirBnb rep.

I think the forced spam from AirBnb is profoundly disrespectful.  It's treating hosts like a stupid hampster on a wheel.  AirBnb has made a lot of money on my place, and to have them make it impossible not to be spammed frankly makes angry.