Money Requests Collection/Payment Issues

Ed260
Level 1
Orlando, FL

Money Requests Collection/Payment Issues

One of the services I offer my guests is Airport Pick-Up and Drop-off... EVERY-TIME I send the guest a "money request" through Airbnb for the fee to be paid for this service, the guest doesn't see it... and I end up having to call Airbnb Support and then the Airbnb Team Member has to call the guest and either walk them through the payment process or specifically email a link to the guest's Airbnb Message Inbox.

I suspect the issue is that when the "money request" is sent that a MESSAGE is NOT generated and sent to the guest's Airbnb Message Inbox but a small red "badge" notification dot appears instead to alert them and they just don't see it on the App or on their desk-top unless they are on the correct page or literally looking for it... but I am not 100% sure of this.

IF THIS IS THE CASE, then an EMAIL MESSAGE NOTIFICATION should be generated and SENT to the guest's Airbnb Message Inbox every-time.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with "money requests" and their guests?

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ed260  Why not just tell the guest that you will be sending a request for the airport pick-up fee when they book, to make sure they have their notifications turned on, and how they need to deal with it? You can have a saved message that you send. 

And if they don't respond, try texting or phoning them. 

I don't quite understand why you need to involve Airbnb in this.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Ed260  yes, money requests are difficult to find lately, I had the same issues a couple of times this year. Airbnb changed something about it and it is not good.

Regarding airport transfer, I used to organize it before with a friend driver and they paid directly to him. I don't do that anymore, it's too complicated for me and for a driver, I just tell them to call Uber.

Louise1031
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Ed

Do you know if guest may do 50/50 payments before arrival.  Airbnd only accept full payments.  Are you aware if a payment arrangement can be made?

Host from House of Clarence-Rose, Cape Town, RSA

@Louise1031  Airbnb offers the half up front option to some guests on some bookings. The host has nothing to do with that, and it isn't something the guest can request if it isn't offered, I don't think.

And as a host, you shouldn't get involved in guests' payment issues. Hosts can't facilitate guest payments. That's between the guest and Airbnb.

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

I’ve had the same issue with all the recent  requests I’ve sent through for Pooch guests, about 6 in total. 

Kendrick5
Level 1
CDO, Philippines

airbnb PLEASE help me retrieve my payment from a client who paid thru my payoneer card since november 20 but now i cannot retrieve payment. thank you

@Kendrick5  This is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb customer service. No one here, unfortunately, can help you get paid.

And I'm not sure what you mean about your guest paying through your payoneer card. Guests don't pay you directly, all payments are made to Airbnb, who then payout to you.

Audrey754
Level 2
Port Townsend, WA

Yes I am having the same issue but for pet fees. I am new to hosting and literally all of my bookings have been with guests that have pets. After they have booked I tell them I am going to send a pet fee, they never see it! We have to discuss it and resend multiple times. Then when they do pay it I cannot see that they paid. I just get a notification that a $30 payout is being processed. Because all of my guests have pets I do not know which payout goes to which guest! It’s very frustrating.