Money deducted for reservation that didn't go through

Gabrielle53
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Money deducted for reservation that didn't go through

Hi

I booked a three night stay in Barcelona which did not go through. The reservation was cancelled after I did not verify my identity (with ID, Drivers license ect) within the given time period. How ever the money was deducted from my credit card. I then booked the same accommodation the following day with another credit card, verifying myself and it went through.
The money of the canceled reservation (beause if not verifying within the given period) has not been paid back into my account. Could I please receive some assistance with this issue?

Thank you

*title updated

2 Replies 2
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Gabrielle53,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been charged twice for this booking. I would suggest that you contact Airbnb about this to check the status of getting this money back. This Community Help Guide explains the best ways to contact them.

Just to let you know, I have moved your post here to a new thread so that it doesn't get lost in another discussion and it is easier to find. I have also given it a title, please let me know if you want to change it!

In case you're not sure how to start a new thread - this CC Tutorial gives a step by step guide to starting a conversation in the Community Centre.

I hope you have fun in Barcelona!

Kirstie

by any luch did you get your money back? I am facing similar issue with airbnb now.