Money

Anna9942
Level 2
Eagar, AZ

Money

Hi, I tried booking an Airbnb on Saturday around 10 pm and they took out 316 dollars from my account before the host even responded to me. She never did and I never stayed in the Airbnb. I need to talk to someone that’ll help me get my money back. Thank you 

12 Replies 12
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Anna9942 

If the host has "Instant Book"activated then a booking request can turn instantly into a reservation.

Did you receive a confirmation of the reservation ?

No I didn’t. It was canceled. I messaged her and told her that it took money out of my account and she told me I had to get ahold of Airbnb Bc she didn’t receive the money that was taken out but I’m having a hard time finding somewhere I can email them to refund me my money back 

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Anna9942 

Try contacting Airbnb help, have your reservation number available so that CS can look up the reservation transactions.  Hopefully, the can advise you on the status of a refund.

Where do I go to get there? I’ve tried on here and it won’t let me get ahold of anyone 😞 

@Anna9942  This is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not customer service. There is a large pinned post on the first page of thus Help forum, "Contact Airbnb" that tells you all the ways to reach them.

Who cancelled the booking? You, the host, or Airbnb?

@Anna9942 

As you mentioned “ it was canceled” Have you cancel the reservation? 
It might the reservation is a strict cancellation policy.

@Anna9942 

Do contact Airbnb Support Help Center, “ Live Chat " with the team( not with an Airbnb bot ), that is always someone here to answer you within a few minutes,  report the incident to the case manager.

And thank you dale I will do that!! 

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Anna9942 , please follow @Dale711 suggestions.  That is exactly what I was about to answer!

I will thank you! 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Anna9942  If it was you who cancelled the booking, before you contact customer service, you should go read the cancellation policy on the listing you booked. If you cancelled, its very likely that the conditions of that policy mean you are not eligible to receive any refund. 

Guests don't just get refunded in full if they cancel or don't show up- refunds are subject to the cancellation policy in place. 

As you appear not to have understood that when you instant book a place, your credit card is instantly charged and the booking is confirmed, I fear you may not have read up at all about how things work on Airbnb, how to book, how refunds work, etc.

I didn’t cancel it I think it was Airbnb who did.