Monthly Pricing

Monthly Pricing

I'm unsure how to set a montly price for my entire house. Currently I am renting a room but in the future I might rent out the entire house. When I search similar listings I see pricing that is sky high - a place that might go for 200 per night rents for 8000 a month or even much more. My assumption is that perhaps those prices are not real - they really don't ever rent it out by the month - they only rent it for a weekend or a week or two at most. So how to I price my place by the month? If I look at places for rent on other websites I see a more "normal" price that is based upon the "regular" rental market - in other words, people just looking for a place to live, as opposed to people looking for a vacation. Do I price it by that "regular" rental market - or to I price it based upon what I'm seeing on airbnb, which is at least double, or much more than that? Or, do I price it somewhere in between? I'm very confused. Any advice is very appreciated, thank you!

3 Replies 3
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Catherine472 Choose your pricing wisely, you can rent your place for one night at 200USD and still give a 30% discount for the montly pricing. It all depend on your expectations and what type of listing are you renting is it a property which is practical for vacations seekers. You must change your pricing from time to time depending on the market demands. I would advice you to be attentive to the guests you will host some people will comment on your price always take note of those comments. Good luck!!!

Hello, 

I have a guest asking me, if I can provide with my monthly rate, since she is looking to stay longer. We just offer a max. Of 30 days. We dont want to have a "tenant". My question is: how much discount can I offer per 30 days or even 7 days? 

The guests is an Airbnb host and she has almost 430 good reviews. 

Thanks for any advice. 

You can edit your pricing, @Nancy326, to include monthly and weekly discounts.  Go to manage listing, select pricing, edit length of stay.