Monthly discount on listing not applied

Answered!
Carrie23
Level 2
Portland, OR

Monthly discount on listing not applied

Good evening,

I have a host in Bali whose listing $19usd a night, with a 49% monthly discount, but when I enter Aug 31st-28Sept. the total comes to $388 with no monthly discount. The dates are avaible and the weekly discount automatically deducts if enter Aug 31st-25Sept. I have been trying to communicate this to the balinese host, and she keeps sending me offers that do not match her listing. Please help.

Graciously,

Carrie

Host of Urban Sanctuary, Portland Oregon USA

1 Best Answer
Elena63
Level 4
СПБ, Russia

Weekly discount will apply to any reservation for 7-27 nights. Monthly discount will apply to any reservation for 28 nights or longer.

The minimum price per night cannot fall below 10 dollars though.

The price quoted may include cleaning fee, extra guests fee, can't tell without further information.

But isn't 388 dollars a fair price for a month?

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You need to book for a month to get the month discount seems the issue.

David

I did book for the month david. The discount does not apply in the booking area. 

Aug 31 to Sep 28 is not one month. Try putting in Aug 31 to Sep 30 and see what happens.

It is exactly 3o days. As I stated, I have used different dates, this how I knew the weekly discount was being applied. Even 33 days did not return a monthly discount. Even the host is stating something is wrong. I requested that she send a "special offer" reflecting the montlhy discount applied to my desired dates. She stated she was willing to do this when she got off work. Crossing my fingures this resolves the website error. 

Twice now I have had fee issues. One, a booking did not pick up the booking was for two people, not one.

Now, the discount rate is not picking up, thus, over charging the person. Plus I would be taxed on

money I did not receive. Is there NO way to contact Airbnb?

Elena63
Level 4
СПБ, Russia

Weekly discount will apply to any reservation for 7-27 nights. Monthly discount will apply to any reservation for 28 nights or longer.

The minimum price per night cannot fall below 10 dollars though.

The price quoted may include cleaning fee, extra guests fee, can't tell without further information.

But isn't 388 dollars a fair price for a month?

Thank you for reminding me to double check the extra charges section. In this case, there were none.

The reservation price seems exceedingly low, I know, however this is in Bali and traditional accommodations are humble 🙂 Mainly the reason I posted here was in hopes that others had struggled with discount issues and had some pointers on how to help host and or guest.

It’s right I agree .

Jackie and jim

i have put in a weekly and monthly discount on my listings...but for some reason the discounts are not showing in the charges ...so the guests are unaware that i am offering this....they cannot see it ??How do i get it to show ?

Hi there!

I’m having this issue right now. My profile offers the discount, but is not applied for the 8 day booking request. Do you know if it should automatically apply once the guest books, or do I offer a “special offer” after the guest books? Thank you!

@Wendy775 I've just checked both of your listings and they show a 20% weekly discount and a 30% monthly discount