More guests staying than booked

Answered!
Stuart63
Level 1
Mouzens, France

More guests staying than booked

Hi

We have a situation where the person who actually made the booking has not turned up, friends have though and there are more of them than booked and more than we allow in the house - any ideas?

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Stuart63 it is a third party booking and this is not allowed at Airbnb.

You didn't have to check them in, and you can terminate their stay if you like but will not be paid for the rest of the stay unfortunately. Don't do it by yourself but contact Airbnb instead and they will cancel for you. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

If you don't want to cancel then you should at least go there and ask them to show you their photo ID , take a picture of their documents bc you should know who is staying at your property.

View Best Answer in original post

32 Replies 32
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Stuart63

Take charge and Stop Hosting Incognito Travellers or Sh*ts for short.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Stuart63 it is a third party booking and this is not allowed at Airbnb.

You didn't have to check them in, and you can terminate their stay if you like but will not be paid for the rest of the stay unfortunately. Don't do it by yourself but contact Airbnb instead and they will cancel for you. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

If you don't want to cancel then you should at least go there and ask them to show you their photo ID , take a picture of their documents bc you should know who is staying at your property.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Stuart63

You should not allow them on the property at all.  Third party bookings are against airbnb T&C.

William281
Level 1
Kalamazoo, MI

One person books and yet all four beds are being used.  We find this out after they leave. 

eWe had the same thing happen. What did you do in the end William? AirBnB should compensate for this. 

Siobhán2
Level 3
Cork, Ireland

The same thing happened to me last week a girl booked, a boy and girl arrived he was staying, so I let him stay as they turned up at midnight.

It was a frighting situation as i was half asleep expecting only the girl, then there was all the discussion but she glossed over everything and I was tired.

Air bnb do allow 3rd party bookings you can read it in their policy under bookings.

Needless to say I gave no feedback to the girl.

I have now started to ask 'this booking is made in your name is it for you or someone else'

Very annoying.

Sarajane2
Level 2
Fallbrook, CA

I need help. Last week I hosted a guest with four other people. I knew it was trouble when he started posting his conservative thoughts on my message board. The Friday of his stay he called me for jacuzzi instructions which were left on the counter. At any time he could have called me with concerns that he had about his stay. He then sent me a private text saying there were a few disappointments? How do you handle guests that are so picky? These guests basically stayed for $23 a night and had my full home to themselves.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Sarajane2 this hapens sometimes, I guess some people just tend to find flaws in everything and are never satisfied no matter how hard you try. The only thing you can do is try and assist them with all they need and even that is not a guarantee that they won't leave a negative review.

@Sarajane2 there is very little you can do; some people will not be satisfied no matter what.

You know you are doing a good job. Most of your guests will appreciate you.

Just remember that the pickiness is more about them than about you. Keep doing a great job and don't doubt yourself.

By the way: the review from the guest from Artesia is entirely positive, saying "This house is a fun house that has many things to do at it. It’s close to everything".

In your public response you bring up some negative things that I imagine were sent as private feedback.

Please be careful with your responses, as it can be very tricky to notice which ones will be posted publicly.

And try not to bring up things in your public response that were not mentioned in the public review.

Tran20
Level 2
Burnaby, Canada

One of my guests accidentally left the wrong review after I sent money requested for extra people staying more than booking. She declined the payment soon after and left 1* review that brought my super host down and I got a warning email from Air BNB to higher risk of being paused.

Is there any way i can change it?

We just started hosting 2 months ago and became a super host in Jun so every 5 star review counts 🙂

Appreciate any advice!

Renee240
Level 2
Guerneville, CA

I have been going around and around with air bnb trying to get the extra guest fee payment due to my account , TRAVELERS JEWEL from a guest , Tylor Redwoods .. He  broke the rules and brought 3 extra people to my unit .. I went over to the unit at 3:40 am (in my bathrobe) and comfronted Tylor Redwoods seeing the 3 extra people at there after hours beer bust .. Tylor Redwoods assured me he'd pay for the extra people total of $150... It's been 2 weeks since I sent the payment request and have gotton nothing but the run around from air bnb .. I thought I was insured by Air BnB for this sort of thing ... What a night mare I'm so disappointed in Air BnB ..The process has been exhausting !!  I guess thats why people go to the 5 oclock news with there horror storys of Air BnB not insuring there hosts .. There has got to be another site to list my unit .. It's really to bad  because the last few mounths have been really good .. I've had such nice guests ... I guess people just give up chasing the invisiable resolution center .. They have resolved nothing for me ... Sincerely Renee Giacomini of TRAVELERS JEWEL 

John2420
Level 2
Presteigne, United Kingdom

One person booked, two adults plus three children turned up. How should I deal with this situation in the future, and what support will I get from Airbnb?

John

Inna61
Level 2
Auburn, CA

Same here: 2 booked, 8 arrived. I only know that as we have camera on the entrance as we don’t live in the property. I’m afraid to request money as they might leave us bad review and we are new to this and just became super host. We r thinking to increase rate per night so it would cover these situations in the future. Please give me advice

@Inna61  I'm in the same situation. What did you do? How did you handle the situation? I want to charge them for the extra people. There are 4 children and 3 adults but it was booked for only 1 person and they are staying 28days.