More than $20.000 missing payouts

Downtown-Keys0
Level 2
Red Sea Governorate, Egypt

More than $20.000 missing payouts

Hello,

We have vacation rentals listing in Egypt and started this account in February 2021. We used first direct bank transfer for payouts  (no problem), then switched to Payoneer (no problem either) until July were we were requested additional company documentation to verify the account.

There was one issue with an ID not showing the birthday, so we adjusted the birthday to another employee for which we provided the ID, and all the company documents (VAT, Business registration number, business certificate of incorporation).

The account verification steps says "You are all set".

Till July 2021 all payouts are blocked, and we have now reached $20.000. All messages to Airbnb support remains not replied!

I finally found the number to call customer support end of August. Had one useful agent who spotted a technical bug in their system and sent a ticket to the technical team.
Since then, no solution still, and no payouts received. No messages replied. When I call, every time the same answer : we will escalate to the technical team.

I have read various other threads about similar issues in the past, but nothing recent. 
Are we the only company or account in this situation? What can I do else?

Thanks for any useful advise. 
Celine for Downtown Keys

17 Replies 17
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Downtown-Keys0 you can hope @Nick persuades Airbnb to take this seriously. You could also approach Airbnb via Twitter as they don't like bad publicity or you can prepare to take them to court.

Perhaps also suggest you won't accept future guests if not being paid.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Very sorry to read about this situation @Downtown-Keys0 

I've reached out to Customer Support and they have updated your case with all the information provided here. I was told they will follow up ASAP. 

Thank you 

Downtown-Keys0
Level 2
Red Sea Governorate, Egypt

Dear @Nick Thanks for your support but till now it's not resolved.

I got a message Oct 21st that there was some inconsistent information on the account and I should adjust some data with a link to my account setup, but this link is blocked and no data can be changed.

Previously I was told that it was a bug in the system.

My messages to the support still remain unanswered. It seems AIRBNB doesn't care, my management is considering stop selling on this platform until we get our money coming through.

Why can't I get a call (+201227155995) from the tech team to solve it directly in a conversation?

Please follow up and raise it to higher support as we are so upset of this situation.

Thanks

CelineAirbnb account details.png

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Downtown-Keys0 Of all the names in the list above which one's ID did you upload? Even the business info name doesn't match the name on your account.

Name of the listing and account is Downtown Keys -which doesn't have an ID, and owning company is Orascom Hotels Management, which I provided all documentation.

My name is Celine Montefusco (maiden name Barondeau) born on 4.07.1968 so I provided my passport copy.
What else should we enter in case of a building owned by a company?

Thanks

Celine

@Downtown-Keys0  I'm not sure what the "owning company" has to do with it. The information you provide has to all match the name of the account the listing is under.

@Mike-And-Jane0 any updates from your side? The link is blocked and I can't change anything - and I don't know actually what I should adjust.

@Downtown-Keys0 I am just guessing I am afraid. You could try telling Airbnb that sadly you will not be able to host anymore guests as you are not being paid. Also try a different browser or the app to see if you can change your account info there. Of course not knowing what to change is a bit of an issue!

Ma--Carolina0
Level 2
Philippines

Hi, I just wanna ask if your issue was resolved? I started missing my payouts since oct 21, 2021. And i keep on calling airbnb and sending them messages. Im being transferred from one department to another. It’s getting frustrating

not yet; we have the issue since  July 2021

Oh no. This is terrible. I hope they give us answers whats going on with our payouts. I have been with airbnb since

2017 and this is the first time I experience missing payouts. 

Me too! so frustrating. 

How can they do this?? I am owed almost $13000

Andrew2468
Level 5
Squamish, Canada

Has anyone been paid!? this is now happening to me!! So frustrating, they won't give me any info or admit whats happening......

@Andrew2468  no they havent. My payouts are still on hold so I stopped accepting reservations here on airbnb until they release my payuts. this is really frustrating. I have 2 more properties to list by January 2022. And now, I have to think twice.