Moving

Christine2923
Level 1
Grand Bay-Westfield, Canada

Moving

I have moved. I would like to offer my new home as an Airbnb with the same high quality service as my previous home. If I delete my former profile and begin a new one, will I loose my Superhost  status?

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Christine2923  Yes, you would lose everything- Superhost, reviews, all of it. 

Why would you create a new profile? You just put up your new listing on your current profile.

Christine2923
Level 1

Put new listing on then delete old profile? .

@Christine2923  Are you using the term "listing" and "profile" interchangeably? 

You don't ever delete your profile. You just delete the old listing and create a new listing for the new place. On the same profile.

Christine2923
Level 1

OK. Thanks Sarah. So I should be able to maintain Superhost status because that is linked to my profile, right?

@Christine2923  I'm honestly not sure how that works if you are hosting a new place and deleting the old, but I believe you would retain Superhost. 

However, as Superhost stats are based on the previous 365 days activity, depending on how long it took to get the new place up and running, you could fail to meet the number of stays criteria. But looking at your review page, seems like you have had plenty of stays in the past year to sail on for awhile.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Christine2923 superhost ratings rate the host not the property. Theoretically a Superhost could swap a wonderful listing for a dreadful one and retain their Superhost listing (at least for 3 months or so!