Multiple Bookings

Dave876
Level 1
Kinneff, GB

Multiple Bookings

Hello, 

Yesterday I  booked a weekend trip for 12 people across two nearby properties. One accepted immediately and I was charged for that. The other failed to respond and so the booking was automatically cancelled. Unfortunately there are no other properties nearby and so the first one is no use without the other booking and so I need to move the whole group elsewhere. As the first property has a strict refund policy I'll now be £240 out of pocket. Am I missing something here or is there a better way to do this. I'm reluctant now to try to book alternatives through AirBnB in case the same happens again.

Would be interested to know anyones thoughts on this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Dave876 you can always send inquiries instead of a booking request, asking the hosts to pre-approve your booking if they will accept it. Then you can make sure everyone involved is on board before you actually book any property. Of course, you don't want to let any time pass between booking the properties.

Right now, in your shoes I would try again to contact the host who didn't respond, and at the same time, explain the situation to the host who did and ask them if they can possibly make an exception to their policy under the circumstances. Many would do that, if the dates are distant and the booking was made only a short time ago.

Dave876
Level 1
Kinneff, GB

Thanks for that. That’s really helpful. I guess I just assumed as both showed as available that there would be no issue in booking both as I’d never had an issue in the past. I’ll try what you suggest. Many thanks! 🙂