Multiple Location Search

Donna233
Level 2
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Multiple Location Search

Hi guys.

Quite new to this and hoping someone can help. We have a property in Edinburgh but would also like it to appear when someone searches a specific area in Edinburgh ie New Town or Stockbridge. When I type these into the search bar our listing doesn't seem to appear? Is there anyway to have your listing appear on multiple location searches or perhaps it should do this automatically given the postocde but there is an error in the way we have listed it..?

Any advice would be greatly appreicated.

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

There are two ways a traveler can narrow their search geographicaly, @Donna233.  Specific neighborhoods can be searched through the filter option or the traveler can adjust the map and zoom into the desired area.  I was not able to find your listing when I selected Stockbridge neighborhood.  Not sure why.  I did find your listing when I zoomed the map in, however.

Beautiful home!  Hope this helps.

Donna233
Level 2
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Thank you @Linda108, much appreciated. I also noticed that our listing doesn't come up which is what prompted me to dig a little deeper. I would contact Air BnB direct but couldn'y find an email contact. I do have a number but last time I called it was the most pointless and unhelpful conversation I'd ever encountered, a little frustrating. Anyway, the lack of listing in the specific location search will affect us greatly I think. There are thousands of properties in Edinburgh but not that many in the Stockbridge area which is one of our main USPs! Yes the map can be used but some bookees may just rely on the list if they're not familiar with the New Town area of Edinburgh. 

Are you aware of any email addresses I can use to ask Air BnB?

Here's a guide for contacting Air BNB

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

What you are seeking is technical information about how a listing is included in a designated neighborhood.  Not sure a rep can help with that.  I see that there are several articles in the Help Center about listing neighborhoods.  You might find the information helpful.