Multiple Room in one house listing - link calendars but booking for 1 room blocks out 2nd room?

Dave110
Level 2
Heywood, United Kingdom

Multiple Room in one house listing - link calendars but booking for 1 room blocks out 2nd room?

So, I have multiple room listing for my house (i.e. two seperate en suite rooms, plus a listing for both rooms).  However looking throught the help and forums, when I link the calendars, if somone books just one room, it blocks off a potential booking for the other room? Obviously it blovks off the whole house too which is required, but I still want to be able to sell the 2nd room. They are totally self contained with en-suits in each room, and guests would shre the kitchen and dining room. Can this be done or am I stuck with blovking off the 2nd room when anyone books either one of them?  Any help gratefully recieved and thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7

@Dave110, you may have linked the listings too much.

Each individual room should be linked to the whole house listing, but the individual rooms should NOT be linked to each other.

Hello matthew, 

You mean we should create separate listing for each so that we will have separate calender. 

When we did this i found that generally people came to know about one listing while as other they do not see. 

In room type we have to type 3 rooms, 4 bedrooms, sleep 6, or 

- one room,  one bed, 2 pax in this case what about others

would you mind to help me please

Rabina
Shine Home and Apartment
Shine Homestay famille francophone

@Rabina0, I'm sorry; I did not know about your message.

Please create a tag with the '@' key so that I will know you posted something to me.

You need to have the rooms be separate listings if you want to be able to rent them separately. You are allowed to have AirBnB links to your other listings in your description. (Links to places other than AirBnB are removed.)

Dave110
Level 2
Heywood, United Kingdom

Thanks for that - I think Ive sorted it now.

Noel54
Level 1
County Donegal, Ireland

Hi dave

From  the conversation i noted you sorted out the problem  of renting 2 seperate rooms as seperate identities. Can you please share with me.I'm just getting  started and having problems with this. 

Thanks

Noel

Dave110
Level 2
Heywood, United Kingdom

Hi Noel  Thanks from your response - I ended up putting in a ticket to AirBnB, and a staff member changed the links around between my 3 listing, and I think its now sorted - I looked at your klisting and you currently have both rooms listed seperately. You could leave it like that with a link to the other room in the listings, or add a new listing of both rooms at a better rate than booing both rooms individually - this is what I did. Hope that helps.

Rabina0
Level 2
Kathmandu, Nepal

Yes, it is right that we should make an individuel listing for each listing and need to give link to each other it is the best solution otherwise calender could be blocked and we can't get reservation though we have many rooms. 

Rabina
Shine Home and Apartment
Shine Homestay famille francophone