Multiple listings for same address

Answered!
Joe17
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Multiple listings for same address

Hi fellow hosts,

I have a situation and want to make sure I'm not violating the hosting guidelines. I have a two-story house with a door that separates the floors. The upstairs floor has a bedroom/office and full bath, as well as the living room, dining room, and kitchen. The downstairs floor has additional bedrooms and another full bath.

Because of this, I can list my house both as a full 3- or 4-bedroom house (keeping the separating door open), or as a 1-bedroom upstairs unit (keeping the separating door closed). I currently have it listed both ways so that I can offer the option that best fits a guest's needs.

I created the upstairs unit listing just a few days ago (the full house has been listed for a while), and I can see that managing calendars will be potentially tricky--for example, if someone makes a query on the house, I need to block those dates for the upstairs unit right away so I don't get double-booked. I've turned off instant booking for both listings at the moment just to be safe.

My question is, does listing my house in these two ways violate any guidelines? Like I say, my only thought in doing so is to offer options for people who might need a larger space, as well as for someone who just needs a one bedroom (at a lower nightly rate, of course). I don't see anything in the Help Center that indicates that this is a problem, but I want to make sure I'm playing by the rules.

Thanks.

1 Best Answer

Thanks so much, Matthew. This is exactly the information I needed to make sure I don't violate any guidelines. Appreciate it. 

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29
Marlon18
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

I have a situation where I need to rent out part of my loft in two time slots/day. In other words, a morning slot:  9A-2P and another afternoon slot:  4P-9P. Should I create two listings for each slot? If so, can Airbnb sync these dates and times accordingly?

Abby13
Level 2
Burpengary East, Australia

Airbnb says I have more than 1 account on my mobile number.  What can I do to rectify this?  They are blocking any bookings I may get.

@Abby13 did the support person at Airbnb who told you that you had more than one account on your mobile number tell you what your options were to fix the problem? I imagine the support people at Airbnb are the people who can fix this.

Did they say that you had to do something that the support people could not?

Abby13
Level 2
Burpengary East, Australia

Yes! They tell me everything is fixed.  Still no way to get the message from client.  It is not in my inbox altho they tell me I can pre-approve the booking now.

I am getting tired of trying and have probably missed this booking.

I have a situation where we have a 3 bedroom apartment but have been getting several bookings of 1 or 2 people.  That is fine but we were aiming for more groups, families, etc. traveling together.  We feel like the place is not getting the potential it should be getting as 1 or 2 people stay for a night or two and 2 bedrooms don't even get used.  I feel like I'm leaving money on the table.  To add to this, our main bedroom is very nice, even like a retreat-getaway.  We are thinking about trying to list this as a retreat room for couples and ask for a premium price but not sure if I can keep the 3 bedroom listing active if I do this to just the one bedroom.  Any advise about keeping both listings active?

Cheryl29
Level 1
East London, South Africa

Cheryl Forword , East London , S.A.

Hi all!! As a pensioner I am quite technoligically challenged so I am needing patience and some arb(heehee) explaining. Firstly, I am listed as a B+B but while trying to correct tariffs, I cannot even call up the name of my establishment. Secondly, I tried correcting tariffs to advertise the whole B+B as a selfcatering holiday home over the festive season but also not succeeding. Desperate for help! Thank you!!

Frances142
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi, I’m new to airbnb. I have 3 bedrooms that I want to make available for guests, each for a different price. Can anyone tell me if I should create 3 listings or if I should put all3 bedrooms onto one listing. If I can do both options, which option is best and why. Thanks so much. Frances

Mustaqim1
Level 2
Malaysia

hi hello..im mustaqim from malaysia.

since I am new to this field. I would like to apply for a little help from you all about my listing. I have six hotel rooms for rent. Can I list it all in one title or I have to do it separately in the airbnb?

Christa116
Level 2
Centurion, South Africa

Hi Everyone, 

My house have 4 bedrooms that can be booked seperately or all together.  I have so many trouble with the bookings.  When 6 guests book, the booking goes through as 1 room and I only get paid for one room, while the guests needs 3 rooms.  With instant booking, I need to contact the guests and let them know that Airbnb made a mistake and it upsets the guests time and again for misleading them quotation wise.   How do I need to overcome this?  

How do I set up my listings so that guests can choose which rooms they want to book?

ALSO!!

If 1 room is booked, my calender shows "not available" for all the other rooms, which means I loose out on business.

Please help!!

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Christa116 

hope you are well- your home looks lovely.

i think it’s the way your listing is set up- both are set as entire home vs private room and entire home so this may be the source of the confusion.

As it’s 4x bedroom and 1x entire flat you would need to have 5 listings in total as to indicate this. 

Then you would need to link the calendar as explain previously in this feed so it reflects the following:

entire property-> 4 x bedrooms 

please ensure that the actual pricing and booking preferences are mentioned before publishing the listings.

hope this made sense and happy hosting!

Yadira 🙂

Christa116
Level 2
Centurion, South Africa

Hi @Yadira22 

Thank you for your respons.  The minute I link my calender, and guests book out 1 room, it blocks out all the rooms. 

Maif0
Level 1
Malé, Maldives

Hello there,

I have an issue that I couldn't resolve.
Before my listing in Airbnb, there was a Listing in the same place with a different Name and the place ran for 2 and a half years. And that was Managed by someone else. Now that management is no longer in the hotel business. 
So my question is How do I delete that listing (which is not listed by the owner)?

Franklin61
Level 2
Kerala, IN

Hello Everyone,

I notice that this post isn't active for almost 2 years now. But this exactly is my problem here and have a few more doubts. If someone could help me out, it would be great.

I have two cottages at the moment. Both have two bedrooms each. And its listed as two listings. 

My problem is that if someone wants to book a single bedroom in one cottage, the rates are the same as booking the entire cottage (2 bedrooms). I want to be able to offer both the bedrooms in each cottage separately as well as the whole cottage. So do I

A) List both the bedrooms separately

B) List both the bedrooms separately and also make a third listing for the entire cottage (which would make me have 6 listings!!!)

Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

@Joe17  @Matthew285 

Franklin61
Level 2
Kerala, IN

Hello Everyone,

I notice that this post isn't active for almost 2 years now. But this exactly is my problem here and have a few more doubts. If someone could help me out, it would be great.

I have two cottages at the moment. Both have two bedrooms each. And its listed as two listings. 

My problem is that if someone wants to book a single bedroom in one cottage, the rates are the same as booking the entire cottage (2 bedrooms). I want to be able to offer both the bedrooms in each cottage separately as well as the whole cottage. So do I

A) List both the bedrooms separately

B) List both the bedrooms separately and also make a third listing for the entire cottage (which would make me have 6 listings!!!)

Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

@Joe17  @Matthew285 

Marion766
Level 2
Pennsylvania, United States

@Joe17 I also want to have a multiple listing for the same house. I've been listing the whole house, and now want to add a one room option. Problem is, when I enter the one room price, the price for my original whole house listing also changes. Help! Thanks.