Multiple phone numbers

Markus54
Level 1
Berne, Switzerland

Multiple phone numbers

Hi there!

I have a listing with a friend, and therefore we have multiple phone numbers on the account. I have done this after being prompted to enter a security code sent to my phone once a few weeks ago. 

However, I want my friends number to be the primary number, and visible to (confirmed) guests, as she lives nearby the property. When I add my phone number to the profile, however, it always jumps to the top, and therefore is shown to guests instead of hers. 

Why is that? How can I make sure her number stays on top (or is the primary number guests see)? What influences the order of multiple numbers in my profile, why does mine always jump to the top?

Thanks, 

Markus

9 Replies 9

Unfortunately I do not have a solution, but I wanted to highlight I have the same issue.

We have multiple phone numbers registered to a single Airbnb account and we want one phone number to be the default. Meaning when guests write, their messages would be sent to this particular number.

Yuval3
Level 1
Jerusalem, Israel

We have multiple phone numbers as well, as well as a Google Voice number which is a convenient option for those calling from the US -- but we have no way of changing their order of appearance! It would be very beneficial to lavel and/or set the order of multiple phone numbers. It would also be beneficial to have a timezone attached to a phone number (which is user-defined, as my American Google Voice number is currently in the Jerusalem time zone), so that people know what time of day they are calling (in fact, this goes to Airbnb personnel as well, who have already phoned me up in the middle of the night once).

Rob-And-Ann0
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I'm having the same problem.  I wanted one phone number to be the primary and added a second phone number as back-up but then guests texted me and it went to what I thought would be the secondary number.  It's frustrating not to have this functionality and compounded that Airbnb maks it so challenging to get any direct help from them.

Multiple numbers.  What is going

on?  My wife and I both had our. Numbers on our profile.  That was great since we both received sms notifications. This worked for two years.  Usually one of us could respond immediately thus providing great service to our guests.  Now only I can receive the sms notifications.  I am not always in cell range and cannot respond promptly.  I called Airbnb and was told only one number can get an sms.  The fact that we both received them was a program glitch that they have now corrected. What???

Exactly! A second phone number never receives notifications about bookings and inquiries. Getting an answer from Airbnb has been like pulling teeth.

Aimee-And-Peter0
Level 2
Bellingham, WA

Hello Airbnb - are you listening? Same question here! Need my cell to be primary but it lists my husband's as first (he's the backup).  

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Aimee-And-Peter0 Try to delete her number and save. Then add it again it should bump to the top when added back.

Thank you so much @Letti0! That actually worked, and put my cell as the first listed. Super simple fix. I did ask Airbnb Support yesterday, and below is what they said. I'm going to share your solution with them. 

"Hi Aimee, this is Mathew with Airbnb support. At this moment, it is not possible to change the order manually of the phone numbers in your account. The only solutions currently available would be to use the automatic greeting tool in your listing to automatically notify your guest of which one is your primary number or to remove your secondary number from your account.

You can access the automatic greeting tool in your listing by going to the listing settings, then click on "Booking Settings," then click on "Edit" next to "Guest requirements," and finally click on "Edit" next to "Guest trip information."

We're always working to improve, and we encourage you to submit your feedback about this issue. You can submit it here: www.airbnb.com/feedback

Stephen1472
Level 1
Unley, Australia

Same issue.  We want texts and emails to go to two numbers and email addresses respectively, so if one of us is busy or away, the other can respond.  AirBnB's restrictive policy doesn't make sense.