My 2 factor authentication doesn't work as my number linked to my acc is out of use so I haven't been paid for last 2 hostings

Sarah2372
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

My 2 factor authentication doesn't work as my number linked to my acc is out of use so I haven't been paid for last 2 hostings

I am unable to update my bank account details, which are out of date because I can't complete the 2 factor authentication. It always asks me for a code which I can't access because I no longer have access to that phone number. When I ask it to send an email, to my register address it never arrives. I have also tried the 'need help' option where airbnb are supposed to get in touch within 12 hours via email, but they never do. They've even done tests to check air nb can contact me on that email and it works. I've now spoken with 5 people on the phone and another 5 people in chat, all of whom have been no help. I have been forwarded to the 'Trust Team' 6 days ago, but again have heard nothing back.  I'm tempted to cancel my future bookings as I have no confidence I am going to get this resolved any time soon. Has anyone else had a similar situation? Or know what I can do?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sarah2372 

The 2 step verification is a serious security feature, having a phone number registred on your account which is not accesable is also in other ways an undesirable situation.

Is it not possible to change the phone number ?

Editing-phone-numbers-on-your-account

Verify-your-phone-number

Maybe try Twitter (account: AirbnHelp) for (more) help from Airbnb

Alexander1314
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Im going through the same issue here... Did you get a solution?

Alexander1315
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

It is exactly what im going through at the moment with this account. I tried speaking with many employees, called, I did all and im still waiting...