My New Listing

Wendy1178
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

My New Listing

Hi! This is my first time listing a home for rent and posting on this. I have just listed my home on Airbnb less than an hour ago. It is in Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. However, after posting the home, as I'm sure everyone did with their first listing, I went to go check the listing out on a different browser (assuming it wouldn't work on the existing browser) and it's nowhere to be found. Is it because I have no reviews? I would understand if it was lower in the rankings and a few pages back, but I can't seem to find it in any of the pages (not even if I go on the map and zoom in to where it is located). 

Thank you!

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Wendy1178  Listings don't go live right away. It takes about 24 hours to appear.

It's visible on your profile page, but it won't be on the site pages right away.

Btw, you might want to do a search here on the forum for threads on long term bookings. They can be problematic, and you might want to rethink that.

Thank you.  

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Wendy1178  I can see your listing so it's live as of now. As Sarah said though, it takes some time usually. I don't think dates can be booked just yet. That's not unusual.

Thank you

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Wendy1178 What a lovely listing. Just one random thought - Have you researched the length of stay at which point guests gain tenants rights? Allowing stays over 28 days might be risky and Airbnb are not ideally suited to long term lets as there is no security deposit.

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 . @Wendy1178 should be okay with long term rentals as long as they don't go over 90 days.  North Carolina has a very clear and concise Vacation Rental Act which covers the parameters of vacation property renting.  Hopefully Wendy has reviewed this and sought the advice of an attorney regarding the length of her rentals, and what the terms of her contract should be for both weekenders and month long guests.  It would behoove Wendy to realize that AirBnB does not adequately protect a host when the rental is for more than 28 days.