My Panama City, Panama March 2019 trip

Answered!
Janeiro1
Level 1
Washington, DC

My Panama City, Panama March 2019 trip

Airbnb Client Relations/Customer Service,

I originally booked an Airbnb for 2-8 Mar 19 and the host accepted my request.  Shortly after my confirmation the host requested that I cancel my reservation due to an upcoming condo change in his building. 

I cancelled my reservation as he had requested because I did not think I would be penalized financially for cancelling the reservation.  The Airbnb booking fee was not refunded back to my account.  If I had cancelled the reservation on my own accord I would understood Airbnb keeping those fees but I do not believe I should be penalized because the home owner had me cancel my reservation.  I stated that fact as my only reasoning for cancelling the reservation.

I (today) submitted a new request for accommodation through Airbnb for the same time frame with a new owner of a condo at the HardRock hotel.  If my reservation is confirmed I will have to pay a second Airbnb fee and I do not think this is right.  I hope this can be resolved in a satisfactory manner.

Janeiro Miller 

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Janeiro1  You have not reached Air BNB staff.  Below is a guide for reaching Air BNB directly.  The only way to avoid paying the Air BNB fees is for you to cancel within 48 hours.  The host was not being responsible as the host should have cancelled the reservation since the issue was theirs not yours.  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Janeiro1  You have not reached Air BNB staff.  Below is a guide for reaching Air BNB directly.  The only way to avoid paying the Air BNB fees is for you to cancel within 48 hours.  The host was not being responsible as the host should have cancelled the reservation since the issue was theirs not yours.  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Janeiro1,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Have you been in touch with Airbnb as recommended by Linda? It'd be great if you could let us know the outcome. 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi Quincy,

Yes I reached out to Airbnb.  A credit for the remainder of the amount I paid for my originally booked lodging is being credited back to my card.  I definitely appreciate Linda's help in pointing me in the right direction.

I definitely never had a problem with Airbnb and like I said in my earlier mis-directed email I booked new accommodations through Airbnb for my upcoming trip.  Thanks for the inquiry.

Janeiro

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for the update @Janeiro1!

@Linda108, you're a hero :-). 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen