My account has been hacked! Where do I contact support???

Hugo159
Level 2
Figeac, France

My account has been hacked! Where do I contact support???

hey guys 

my account was hacked.

accessed from bangladesh then china ( I live in Japan)

someone has added a listing in tokyo (which i removed)

i reset my password

and i removed this false listing

what should i do now? is there any way to contact or call airbnb ?!

6 Replies 6

@Hugo159, yes, it would be a good idea to contact AirBnB about this.

To contact AirBnB:

Go to your Host Dashboard and choose the "Help" page.
At the bottom of the "Help" page is a "Contact us" button.
Use the "Contact us" button to reach AirBnB directly.

Or, just use this: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

thanks I finally found a button to write a message to airbnb.

I am really scared and do not want to be hold responsible for anything that has to do with this hack !
I modified my password earlier today but received a new request to modify it 1 hour later. obviously someone was trying to change it again....
this is getting scary !

Thanks so much!! It's such a shame they hide this link. When your account is hacked you expect a way to report it pretty quickly 😞

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Hugo159 Change the email address as well. Which domain have you been using so far?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Michelle1229
Level 3
Sunbury, Australia

How do you find out if your airbnb has been hacked and duplicated to another account. Airbnb have been frustrated with my questions. I was asked in a request by a guest if they could pay outside of airbnb. I said no! The service fee didn't look right. It was small for a 5 night stay. Usually when booking multply nights the airbnb service fee is charged the same daily rate. for eg: day 1 $8 day 2 $16 and so forth. I have changed my pass word. May consider changing email. The other thing I have noticed that when I have made edits to my airbnb in the past, I receive an email from airbnb saying the account has been changed if this was you please ignore this email. Tonight i changed my password and I got a notification of account activitie changed. 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Hugo159 

The first this you need to do is set up "two-factor authentication", google what this means, and explore on the Airbnb web site how to set it up.