Bristol, United Kingdom

My airbnb host neighbour keeps parking on

my property in order to host his guests

What can I do about this?

9 Replies 9
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Luke255  What would you do if your neighbor wasn't an Airbnb host and was parking on your property?

This has nothing to do with Airbnb, it's a neighbor issue, so deal with it as you would if anyone else was parking on your property. Have you talked to them about it? If so, and they're ignoring it, city bylaw officer or police may be the next step.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Luke255 
If they are parking on your property/land, it's trespass, surely. As @Sarah977 says, it's something for you to take up with your neighbour, not Airbnb.  

Luke255
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

I took it up with my neighbour and they refused on the basis it was inconvenient for their airbnb business to do otherwise. I (from your comments perhaps naively) assumed airbnb would be interested in poor host behaviour being a reputable business, I have today contacted the police who will be in touch with them though it to me seemed reasonable that hosts willing to offend neighbours to be airbnb providers would be of interest to this business? Is that so ridiculous, I'm not complaining about the odd guest, the hosts

@Luke255  Airbnb is just  booking platform. They would only be interested in the host's behavior as regards guest complaints, not complaints from neighbors regarding the host's inconsiderate attitude towards his neighbors. The guy sounds like an entitled jerk- it would be "inconvenient" for him not to park on your property? Sorry you have to deal with a neighbor like this.

Luke255
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

I was hoping they could be a considerate booking platform, i apologise for my misconception

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Luke255   Airbnb can't make your neighbor stop parking the cars on your property.  I suppose they could delist the listing, but that's unlikely.  Your neighbor is very, very foolish to be doing this and thus, alienating his long term neighbors, but as others have said, this is a matter that if your neighbor is not reasonable, you have to call your city traffic department, once he gets a couple of tickets, I would guess he will figure out a different solution. 

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Luke255 There is actually a way to report "bad neighborly" behaviors. Find the listing, and then select "Report." You should have an option there. However, this is not a huge concern of AirBNB as it was just several years ago. Don't you have councils for this type of disagreement in the UK? If so, I would start my discussions with them.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Luke255 

Your most recent post sounds a bit ironical. As @Sarah977  said, this situation has absolutely nothing to do with airbnb. A person who is not entitled to parks his or her car on Your property. Have the car towed away and You're all set. Why do You want to involve airbnb? Because You don't have the guts to call the towtruck?

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Luke255 

You could park your car, or friends car there and your neighbour would need to find somewhere else.

Is your car parking area private, shared, reserved, public road or other?