My bad experience with Airbnb

Abdullatif2
Level 1
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

My bad experience with Airbnb

I am very disappointed. This is the first time I dealt with Air-bnb and I had a very bad experience. I made a  Reservation request at Maison de ville centre-bois de Clamart for June 16, 2020 - July 16, 2020  and my bank granted the the amount of Euro (1358.27)  on  07/06/2020. After few hours Airbnb cancelled the reservation on the excuse that my ID was not clear. However, after few hours Air-bnb emailed me and granted the validation of my visa card. The host send me another invitation to book again. I contacted Air-bnb for the previous payment refund but no response by email. Finally i hooked the contact center in Canada and they asked me to book again with new payment and the previous payment will be refunded. So, I made another reservation based on the host request- the same host- and with new payment of Euro (1190.61). But after few hours the host (Valentin) send me an email stating that he cancelled my booking with excuse that my profile is not clear. I believe this Airbnb has made all this in-confident  trouble with the host. This reflects that a none professional or a junior Airbnb team member was handling my booking. Because other wise Airbnb would have verified my ID before sending un clear information to the host or at least they should force the host to host me since they have validated my ID as per their email.

I have been a regular customer with Booking.com since 7 years and I never faced such thing before. Airbnb have to consider the humanitarian side of their customers who are away from their homeland with limited funds. Now I have to run after the refund.

Abdullatif Abdulla
3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Abdullatif2  Sorry you've had so much trouble with your bookings. But the host saying your profile isn't clear has nothing to do with Airbnb telling the host something. Your profile shows that you have verified ID, a phone number, and an email address. But what it doesn't have is anything at all written about yourself, nor a profile photo. All you have is a grey sillouette. Hosts want to see a clear face photo of a guest, most hosts require this, and it also inspires confidence if you take the time to write a bit about yourself. Both of these things are especially important when you show as a new user and have no reviews for the host to go on.

@Abdullatif2 @Sarah977 I agree with the issue of transparency.

Airbnb is a 2-way street and hinges on hospitality, not just the power of a financial transaction.

If a guest is not open, it makes the host suspicious. 

Perhaps @Abdullatif2 you may be more transparent and give Airbnb another chance.

Cheers, Charles

Abdullatif2
Level 1
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

Thank you Sarah,

The host did not request any kind of this at all. And if that was important he should have said clearly. I believe that was not the excuse but another game is played. Anyhow, this bad experience will never let me come near Airbnb again   not only that I will tell others too.